GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and executes strategies for selling services to merchants in assigned territory.
- Identifies new prospects and revenue opportunities for merchant services through referrals, lead lists, referrals from current merchants and self-sourcing and ensures line of business partners are included in opportunity.
- Establishes relationships with key internal business partners and provides overview of merchant including current partners, support options, cross-sell abilities and partnership needs.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of products, value added services and pricing models of targeted merchants and recommends additional products and services to compliment businesses.
- Demonstrates product knowledge including various solutions, markets and competitive intelligence.
- Utilizes available resources to ensure merchant is properly set-up on system, processing transactions and is initially billed according to agreement.
- Responds promptly to prospect inquiries and requests and prepares proposals, letters and presentations utilizing resources.
- Provides manager with regular reports and updates, both written and verbal, outlining prospect status, revenue and deal count achievement, partnership successes with various line of business partners and campaign successes.
- Notifies conversion and/or relationship management teams on opportunities that need to be assigned or supported.
- Maintains an awareness of competitors’ products and pricing, including new trends and developments in the industry.
- Acts as a mentor to sales representatives(s) with less experience or in new markets.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Merchant Sales experience
- Requires expert negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires solid decision-making and problem solving skills
- Analytical skills are required to determine client business needs and requirements
- Ability to remain calm under various levels of pressure
- Ability to show established track record of involvement in industry trade groups preferred
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public
- Travel is required.
JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Fully qualified sales representative who has advanced beyond entry level. Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Has working knowledge of company products and services. Typically sells through a specific channel, having own territory, or working on a team and is responsible for small to medium-sized quota/territory. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new project or assignments. Typically requires a minimum of three years of field sales experience.
Qualified applicants can send their resumes to Becca Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org.