Temporary - (Appointments will normally range from 30 days to 180 days, but may be extended depending on the level of disaster activity.)
$37,635 to $60,600 per year
(You will either be hired at the GS-5 or GS-7 level with no promotional potential.)
Fort Worth, TX, Virtual
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2020 HURRICANE SEASON. YOU MAY NEED TO REAPPLY NEXT YEAR IF INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR ODA DURING THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON.
As a Loan Assistant at the GS-1165-5/7, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Review pertinent facts and make eligibility determinations by analyzing factors such as intended use of proceeds, legislative and administrative limits, etc.
- Contact banks and other third parties to obtain information necessary to formulate loan recommendations.
- Respond to inquiries from applicants, their representatives and agents, and others concerning the status of applications and reasons for Agency decisions.
- Process loan modifications by performing necessary analysis and preparing full documentation supporting the analysis.
- Assist Case Managers with closing and disbursing approved loans.
The PDC Ft. Worth, TX location is conveniently located near the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and DART/TRE Station.
By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).
- Credit Score must be at least 500.
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify based on experience, education or a combination of both.
Experience: To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer or that experience will not be credited for meeting the specialized experience requirement.
GS-05: To qualify you must have at least three (3) years of general experience in a pay or work status, one (1) year of which is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-04 level in the Federal service. This experience must demonstrate all of the following:
Gathering and analyzing facts and figures, and presenting the information or conclusions in clear oral and written language; OR
Providing knowledge of the principles of financial analysis or of insurance laws, such as contract, property, life, casualty, or marine insurance.
GS-07: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-05 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Reviewing applications for agricultural, commercial, real estate, or any other types of loans;
- Conducting analysis on financial factors and credit risks in relation to the granting and servicing of mortgage loans;
- Presenting oral and written information clearly and concisely; AND
- Making recommendations to loan specialist(s) regarding loan eligibility.
If qualifying based on education, you must submit transcripts to be eligible.
GS-05: Must have a bachelor's or equivalent undergraduate degree in a related field or 4 full years of related progressively higher level education leading to such a degree, from an accredited college or university.. Recent graduates with a bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university with no prior lending experience are encouraged to apply.
GS-07: Must have at least 1 year of graduate education in a related field from an accredited college or university or Superior Academic Achievement in undergraduate degree (see explanation below):
Superior Academic Achievement is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership.1. Class standing - Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, based on completed courses.2. Grade-point average - Applicants must have a grade-point average of: 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed bases on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final two years of the curriculum; OR 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.3. Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society.
Related Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- finance, business administration, economics, accounting, insurance, engineering, mathematics, banking and credit, law, real estate operations, statistics, or other fields related to the position.
A combination of experience and education as indicated above.
If you work or are expected to work at least 90 consecutive days and 130 hours per month, you will become eligible for health insurance benefits only.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be reviewed for qualifications. You will be contacted directly if selected.
Background checks and security clearance
Security Clearance: Other
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Drug test required
Trust determination process
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the required documents. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 05/29/2020 to receive consideration.
Click here to apply. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563394500