Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 17 retail locations in Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant offers a variety of deposit, lending, and mortgage products and services to business and retail customers. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking a Loan Specialist in Brentwood, TN. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This non-exempt position reports to the Loan Processing Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for processing, administration and closing various types of loans through activities such as processing loan payments, setting up new accounts, and maintaining loan files. Assists commercial and retail bankers with new loan requests, loan renewals and exceptions. Responds to routine customer questions and resolves problems. Obtains credit information and ensures sufficient loan collateral.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports designated commercial and retail bankers as needed
• Provides customer service to both internal and external customers
• Gathers information regarding each commercial loan and prepares new loan approval forms as needed
• Inputs information to accurately prepare loan documents
• Orders necessary appraisals, appraisal reviews, flood certificates, inspections and title requests
• Communicates with attorneys to ensure smooth closing of loans; and with insurance companies to ensure correct property coverage amounts
• Reviews HUD and closing fees
• Coordinates loan closings and closes loans as needed
• Records all related documents with appropriate filing office
• Disburses loan funds
• Works within established criteria to approve draws and maintain construction draw files
• Prepares cashier’s checks, official loan checks and initiates wire transfers
• Prepares tickets for loan payments
• Processes payments, payoffs, wires, transfers, etc. through online entry system
• Assists commercial bankers with past due loans
• Responsible for reviewing exception reports and clearing outstanding documents
• Quotes and processes loan payoffs
• Promotes the Bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events and networking opportunities, volunteer opportunities, and endorses the Bank’s brand promise at every opportunity
• Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Associate degree or equivalent professional experience in the banking or financial industry preferred
• Previous experience in a loan setting preferred
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Good understanding of financial institution product and services
• Ability to communicate effectively through writing, speaking and listening
• Must be detail oriented
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting deadlines
• Good general math and analytical skills
• Maintain a professional image with public interaction
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume via https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/InpReliant.careers?ApplyToJob=268594694.
Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.