The Bank of Fayette County
The Bank Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries, posting the journal entries, posting to the general ledger, posting to the subsidiary ledgers and reconciling the ledger accounts. Also, the Bank Accountant is responsible for preparing the cash position of his organization on a daily, weekly and monthly frequency. As needed, the accountant prepares the cash reports and provides them to management for review. The Bank Accountant is responsible for preparing or assisting in the preparation of financial statements at the end of each month and quarter. The Bank Accountant is responsible for ensuring that the bank's accounting practices, classifications and reporting adheres to compliance and regulatory standards.
- Reconciles bank accounts (e.g. internal DDA), posts general ledger entries and balances general ledgers to statements.
- Resolves outstanding items, documents variances, and maintains account records to accurately prepare monthly balancing reports.
- Assist in preparing financial statements and reports for internal and external users.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules, depreciation entries, and related reports.
- Assist in gathering department audit request information for quarterly internal audits and annual external audits.
- Maintains all processes with respect to bank investments including proper approval for purchases and sales.
- Maintains all Accounting files in an orderly manner.
- Cross train with other positions in the accounting department.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance and or comparable work experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting theory
- 3‐5 years accounting/finance experience; CPA a plus, but not required
- Highly motivated self‐starter
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines in a fast‐paced, high transactional volume, and dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
Please email your resume to:
David Dufour, Director of Human Resources