Mortgage Loan Closer– Brentwood, TN
Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 21 retail locations in Cheatham, Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant’s mortgage division is housed in Brentwood, Tennessee, but provides mortgage services nationally. Reliant offers a variety of deposit, lending, and mortgage products and services to business and retail customers. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Closer. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This exempt non-exempt position reports to the Retail Mortgage Loan Closing Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for ensuring timely preparation and closing of mortgage loans through activities such as preparing, reviewing and maintaining loan closing documents. Responsible for maintaining loan quality by adhering to procedures, compliance requirements, underwriting and closing guidelines. Provides superior customer service to internal and external customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify that proper loan disclosures have been provided to the borrower and are in the loan file.
- Prepare and review critical closing documents for mortgage loans.
- Coordinate closing figures with the title company or escrow officer.
- Resolves title problems and other related closing issues to ensure correct lien position.
- Coordinate the closing process between all parties involved in the closing: customers, loan originators, attorneys, closing agents and realtors.
- Review accuracy of closing documents and confirm any closing conditions are satisfied.
- Ensure that all required loan documents are delivered to the loan closing in a timely manner.
- Follows up on any deficiency requests by Shipping and Post-Closing to ensure timely procedures for loan funding.
- Ability to work closely with other departments within the organization to resolve any issues related to closing documents
- Promotes the Bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in business related field or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Three or more years of mortgage closing experience preferred, including Conventional, VA, FHA, State Bond programs, etc.
- Knowledge of document prep systems (Doc Magic experience preferred)
- Proficient understanding of mortgage banking concepts and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of HVCC, TILA and RESPA guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing, speaking and listening
- Outstanding organization, attention to detail, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide superior level of customer service
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed, especially the last ten business days of each month
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k), paid time off and volunteer time. Qualified candidates may submit their resume via https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/InpReliant.careers?ApplyToJob=268601603 . Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.