CBBC Bank - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Commercial Lending Officer
Department: CBBC Commercial Dept. – 330 E Broadway Ave. Maryville, TN 37804
Reports to: Chief Lending Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Shift: As assigned; typically, 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Date Updated: July 2019
Description: The Commercial Lending Officer will be responsible for examining, evaluating, authorizing, and recommending approval of customer applications for commercial loans.
Knowledge Required: Basic arithmetic and the ability to work with basic mathematical concept. Basic accounting skills used in balancing procedures. Understand necessary skills to provide excellent customer service. Understand and ability to enforce bank policies, procedures, and regulations.
Ability Required: Ability to read, write legibly and write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and fellow associates. Professional telephone voice/presentation and etiquette. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The ability to greet and interact with customers and the ability to be versatile in a changing environment. Ability to prioritize and manage time. Ability to motivate and lead personnel. Ability to function in a goal-oriented sales environment.
Skills Required: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Interview applicants and request specified information for loan application.
- Requests applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolves questions regarding applicant information.
- Complies loan package and facilities negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Approves loan within specified limits or refers loan to loan committee for approval.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Assure timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for commercial loans.
- Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect establishment lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations. Recommends and implements appropriate changes to establishment policies and procedures.
- Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriates to customer requirements.Provides loan data to support marketing and sales promotion programs.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Continuous Learning- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge- Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology- Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase production; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communication- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps other adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation- Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offer assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Visionary Leadership- Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes other to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Business Acumen- Understands business implication of decision; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; work with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Organization Support- Follows policies and procedure; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organizations goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in to work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Achievement Focus- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities.
- Personal Appearance- Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
- Sales Skills- Achieves sales goals; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information. Self-motivated and disciplined in prospecting and face to face calling and relationship building.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative- Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed. Active civically in the community.
- Judgement- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sounds and accurate judgement; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decisions-making process; making timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Quality-Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity- Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing these duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this environment is minimal.
Qualified candidates may send their resumes to Susan Zerambo at firstname.lastname@example.org.