SimplyBank - Assistant Controller
Our Assistant Controller oversees day-to-day accounting functions for multiple SimplyBank locations in the Southeast Tennessee area, using internal controls and policies to ensure accounting best practices and compliance with legislative requirements and guidelines. Reporting to the corporate Controller, in the Assistant Controller role you will be responsible for preparing and submitting various reports and financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
If you are a critical thinker who enjoys working both collaboratively and autonomously, has a strong knowledge of GAAP and banking regulations, and wants to grow your career in a fast-paced and growing environment, our Assistant Controller role may be the right fit for you!
Assistant Controller Responsibilities and Requirements
- Managing journal entries and reconciling accounts for monthly and annual closing
- Overseeing accounts payable, credit card statements and expense reimbursements
- Preparing and submitting annual Summary of Deposits surveys to the FDIC
- Assisting with audit preparation, budgeting, REO accounting, quarterly ALL analysis, ALCO reporting and Annual Unclaimed Property Returns
- Preparing correspondent and internal DDA account reconcilements
- Preparing prepaid asset and accrued expense balancing
- Monitoring recurring entries for accuracy and consistency
- Preparing and submitting Sales Tax Returns, 945 Tax Returns and the quarterly FR2900
- Preparing quarterly call reports and FHLB collateral certifications
- Experience performing securities accounting and monthly reconcilements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting and/or audit experience
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including 100% paid employee medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- Employer paid 401k match
- Paid time off, including 10 Federal Reserve bank holidays
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to work in a customer-centric and energetic environment where leadership is committed to the growth and development of its team
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.