Job Title: Commercial Sales Assistant‐SBA Support
Specialist Status: Non‐exempt
Supervisor: SBA Coordinator
Location: Nashville, TN
Summary: First Advantage Bank's Commercial Sales Assistant‐SBA Support Specialist works closely with relationship managers (RM) to execute all key administrative functions necessary to serve commercial banking clients. The incumbent interacts directly with clients and effectively responds to requests on existing services or in the implementation of new services, ensuring a world‐class client service experience.
The successful person will embrace and thrive in an environment that is committed to quality, customer service, teamwork, collaboration, process improvement and efficiencies.
- Works in direct support of assigned relationship managers (RMs) in commercial banking. Supports other RMs as necessary.
- Assists RMs and works directly with clients to initiate new services such as new deposit accounts, new loans, credit cards, etc.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all internal operational systems necessary to perform the job function effectively.
- Provides assistance in clearing document exceptions for RMs. Engages with clients as necessary to resolve exceptions.
- Prepares necessary documents and agreements for services and mitigates risks by ensuring accurate document preparation, execution and loading into the appropriate computer system. Obtains all basic information necessary to comply with Bank Security Act, Flood Insurance and other key regulations, per our policies.
- Interacts directly and effectively with clients over the phone, by email and in person. Provides an exceptional client service experience when executing tasks by responding promptly to client requests for existing services and implementation of new services.
- Functions as a key point of contact for clients in the bank relationship.
- Coordinates with other administrative team members and areas of the bank to execute tasks and trouble shoot problems and issues effectively.
- Coordinates with Loan Operations to order title searches, flood certificates, property appraisals and credit reports as needed.
- Obtains financial information from clients and provides client service on approved lines of credit and loans as directed by RMs.
- Serves clients by providing prompt and accurate routine services such as fund transfers, line of credit advances, construction loan advances, loan payment processing, wire transfers, stop payments, check orders, client account research, etc.
- Reviews daily NSF and Overdraft reports and consults with assigned account officers on disposition.
- Manages client and RM priorities effectively. Seeks guidance when necessary.
- This job description is not designed to cover nor contains a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required of the employee in this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned
SBA (United States Small Business Administration) Duties
Additional duties in support of SBA lending:
- Assist with initial packaging of SBA applications in the 10 Tab System
- Assist with facilitating complete applications to SBA Underwriting or Bank’s designated LSP (Lenders’ Service Provider)
- Work directly with Bank, LSP, SBA, Borrower and Closing Attorneys to complete all due diligence as outlined in the SBA Loan Authorization
- Assist in organizing and tracking all documentation to assure all requirements are met prior to closing
- Assist in organizing and formatting all pre‐closing and post‐closing documents for accurate and complete filing in proper 10 Tab System format
- Assist Loan Operations with imaging, booking and setting all ticklers post‐closing, as needed
- Assist with monitoring Bank’s SBA portfolio for all tickler/exception tracking including working directly with clients for necessary updated information
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance is preferred and NMLS number in good standing
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in related field
Conditions of Employment:
- Must successfully complete required drug screen and background check
Related Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all bank and department personnel policies and procedures
- Perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Interested candidates may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: First Advantage Bank reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description, as it desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at‐will”. The aforementioned job requirements may be changed to fulfill any obligation(s) to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.