Job Title: Loan Operations Manager
Reports To: Chief Credit Officer
Status: Full Time
Location: Lafayette Main Office
JOB SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE
Responsible for managing the Loan Operations Department of the Bank. The position provides daily leadership and training to lending support and operations. The position ensures that service standards are met and cultivates a positive environment through managing for results, developing staff and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and regulatory compliance requirements. Communicates with bank department managers/officers to promote efficient and correct work flow as well as establish positive working relationships across the organization. This is a hands on position.
This position performs the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Manage the daily operations of the Loan Operations Department in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with loan software applications (Currently: JHA Core Director, JHA Onboard Loans, JHA Synergy Documents).
- Work with system providers to utilize applications to fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance. Analyze, prepare, train for periodic updates to system software, verify that enhancements are working correctly. Assist with system parameters and design to meet the needs of multiple departments. Review and implement product enhancements. Disseminate product enhancements to the users.
- Supervise all aspects of loan operations. This supervision includes all responsibilities of the exporting of loans from processing system to Core, including correct processing for Loan Modifications and Renewals, verification of proper tran-codes for payments processed, Online posting for participation loans, non-accruals, charge offs, bankrupts, ACH return items, loan maintenance items, and daily questions that arise from the lending group.
- Interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work responsibilities, employee performance management, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide support for the loan processors to have the resources for the production of all loan documents and disclosures for various types of loans per loan officer instructions.
- Ensures compliance with all required notices, disclosures, etc.; ensures timely and accurate completion of closing documents.
- Direct loan input (system boarding) and verification procedures for all loan types. Ensure proper segregation of duties, develop and maintain work flows for all stages of loan input.
- Act as liaison to the Internal Auditor, Compliance Officer for audit and compliance issues when needed.
- Training - Ensure lending staff is provided with updates, any procedural changes and training where/when needed on as needed basis. Training could be to individuals or to large groups.
- Adheres to all State and Federal Banking Regulations, receive and research new regulations, policies and procedures and implement them. Staying current on compliance and regulations by attending seminars and reading available information. Ensure necessary changes or recommendations have been implemented as directed.
- Participates in the review and recommendations of operational systems and procedures.
- Successfully interact with loan operations staff and lending team to improve accuracies and efficiencies with loans booked to core system.
- Conduct various assessments and audits to ensure department procedures are achieving accurate and desired results.
- Prepares various internal and external reports.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete all requirements of education and activities involving the Emmerich program.
KNOWLEDGE – SKILLS – ABILITIES
- JHA software knowledge.
- Advanced error resolution ability that will allow you to troubleshoot and correct issues. This includes creating and monitoring cases through the JHA client portal if necessary
- Analysis – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Collaboration – with others at all levels and departments to ensure organizational goals are attained.
- Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects and communicates progress, completes projects on time.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;
- Professional Development – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to analyze and calculate figures and amounts on complex loan transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to digest complex issues and develop creative solutions.
- Strong Interpersonal Skillset including: high level of emotional intelligence, ability to communicate clearly, conflict management and resolution, and the ability to motivate individuals and teams.
- Excellent decision - making, problem solving and ability to multitask in a fast pace environment.
- Can naturally identify opportunities for increased efficiency
- Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values.
- Detailed knowledge of lending products, including residential, commercial, and consumer loans.
- Knowledge of loan processing and loan compliance regulations required.
- Good oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with bank employees and third parties about the bank’s loan programs and policies.
- Ability to read and comprehend training materials, bank communications and related loan manuals and policy.
- Ability to supervise/manage/direct/communicate with a loan processing group.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field preferred.
- Five to seven years’ experience in loan-operations field preferred.
- 3+ years of leadership experience and relevant loan operations management experience preferred.
- Experience in supervising, managing, developing and training Loan Operations staff employees.
- Experience leading, inspiring and motivating teams.
- Previous experience in implementation/integration to banks core system preferred.
- Experience with JHA Core Director, Onboard loans and Synergy preferred.
- Experienced and Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other common PC-based software.
Citizens Bank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Qualified candidates may send their resumes to Patty Snyder at email@example.com. Please contact the bank’s Human Resources Director should you have questions about this policy or these job duties.