Lending Officer (Exempt)
Responsible for analyzing loan requests and creditworthiness for consumer and commercial lines of business. Provide quality customer service and recommend solutions to establish creditworthiness. Provide exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements; demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics; complying with all federal and state compliance requirements; and monitoring processes from processing to closing.
- Ensure profitable operations of processing, underwriting, loan closing, document control and secondary functions with minimum risk.
- Ensure department compliance with Bank and regulatory policies to obtain satisfactory to exemplary ratings from internal and external audits, compliance reviews, and Regulatory exams.
- Complete financial analysis for credit card, automobile, and consumer loan applicants in a timely manner and ensures that documentation for any missing information is included.
- Complete (while outsourcing larger credits) commercial credit analysis to include spreading of financial statements; preparing global cash flow analysis; understanding borrowers’ methods of operation; evaluating borrowers’ collateral and financial statements; recommending loan structures and evaluating overall creditworthiness.
- Review commercial appraisals to determine collateral substantiates the loan amount.
- Ensure proper management of loan documentation, loan closings, exception tracking, loan files (including imaging), audits and operational risks.
- Coordinate the preparation of commercial and mortgage loan documents for closing ensuring the accuracy of documents, including title search, insurance, settlement statements, etc.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five to seven years’ commercial and consumer loan operations experience with knowledge of industry and regulatory requirements.
- Three years’ experience in commercial lending or credit lending preferred.
- Prefer NMLS Federal license.
- Working knowledge of bank loan compliance procedures and risks, and loan quality control procedures, and practices.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent skills in training and motivating other people, including observing, coaching, sharing of knowledge, mentoring, delegation and apprenticing.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
- Demonstrated problem recognition and resolution skills.
- Proficient in use of personal computer, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with Jack Henry, Laser Pro and LQAS preferred.
- Must be able to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change.
If you are interested in applying for any position, please submit your current resume to Human Resources at (firstname.lastname@example.org), the subject line should include title of the position applying for. Submit resume, with salary and college grades to Human Resources. If you have questions, please contact human resources for information on the jobs.