Tri-State Bank of Memphis`
Loan Servicing Clerk (Non-Exempt)
- Confers with customer by telephone or in person to determine reason for overdue payment and review terms of contract
- Respond to customers’ questions, disseminate information and help resolve discrepancies as needed
- Initiates collateral liquidation when customer does not repay loan
- May testify at legal proceedings
- Work out repayment plan on delinquent accounts for approval; collect interest fees
- Mails letters of agreement and forms letters to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts
- Submit applications for extension of loan payments on delinquent accounts.
- Balance un-posted loan accounts and make entries as needed to general ledger.
- May trace delinquent customer to new address by using internal and external resources
- Review escrow accounts for adequate funds needed for disbursement and hazard insurance
- Analyze insurance policies to include premium amounts due, coverage amounts, expiration dates and mortgage clauses
- Maintain adequate insurance coverage and ensure proper documentation of all records
- Checks due notices on taxes and renewal dates of insurance and mortgage loans to take follow-up action
- Composes and prepares routine correspondencePerform all assigned duties thoroughly, accurately and with minimal supervision
- Handle inquiries
- Handle non escrowed accounts to include insurance is maintained and current.
- Contact insurance agents when insurance expires and have policies reinstated or secure new insurance coverage
- Maintain and control credit files for Visa credit card, post entries, make payment on customers’ accounts
- Resolve discrepancies, review customer’s activities for accuracy and check for fraudulent activity
- Order new credit cards as approved
- Serve as a team member; perform other tasks requested by supervisor as they relate to clerical duties
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or two to three years’ experience as a credit specialist or related experience. I.e. three to five years’ experience in collections experience preferred.
- Proficient in use of personal computer, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with Jack Henry, Laser Pro and LQAS preferred.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
If you are interested in applying for any position, please submit your current resume to Human Resources at (firstname.lastname@example.org), the subject line should include title of the position applying for. Submit resume, with salary and college grades to Human Resources. If you have questions, please contact human resources for information on the jobs.