Sr. Financial Services Representative
This position provides excellent customer service by meeting the needs of clients in an efficient and friendly manner. Enhances SmartBank’s image through pro-active client-driven service. Processes more complex financial transactions for SmartBank clients and assists branch office management in initiating new business through referrals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upholds SmartBank Core Values and Core Purpose.
- Adheres to and embraces the SmartBank Way by Acting Smart, Looking Smart and Being Smart.
- Actively participates in and assists with the scheduling of daily Lobby Management duties to ensure excellent client service standards are met which includes being a client greeter; offering hospitality items; making warm introductions; replenishing water, coffee items and fruit as needed for clients and guests.
- Serves as the Bank's primary contact with its clients, both in providing services and in routing inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Accurately receives deposits and payments for all types of SmartBank accounts, verifies cash and negotiability of checks and issues receipts, giving credit for funds according to Bank policies. Provides clients with account information.
- Cashes checks and accepts withdrawal requests in accordance with Bank policies, referring questionable transactions to supervisor for approval.
- Processes client account maintenance requests (i.e., Change of address, stop payments, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Provides special services as needed; including, redeeming US Savings Bonds, issuing Official Checks, coin deposits and coin orders.
- Adheres to SmartBank’s Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures, completing required paperwork when applicable.
- Processes payments for SmartBank credit cards, local utilities, and other services. Ensures that payment information is transmitted to appropriate agencies by daily cut-off.
- Balances and processes daily work.
- Follows all security policies and procedures. Reports any discrepancies or suspicious activity to the Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager or Security Officer.
- Protects SmartBank’s financial interest by controlling and balancing assigned cash drawer and negotiable items received/disbursed. Maintains an acceptable balancing record per established standards.
- Processes night deposits.
- Assists with ATM balancing.
- Answers telephone inquiries. Directs questions to appropriate Branch or Department personnel. Researches and resolves client issues.
- Opens accounts for new and existing clients, accurately, efficiently and in compliance with SmartBank’s policies and procedures.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of all SmartBank products and services.
- Establishes and reinforces client relationships by recognizing opportunities to cross-sell SmartBank products and services to new and existing clients.
- Actively participates in the opening/closing procedures of the branch to accommodate dual control.
- Assists in outside sales calls to new or existing clients, participates in outside account presentations as directed by Branch Manager so that branch goals are met or exceeded.
- Acts as branch resource for all FSR activity, answering questions and finding solutions to client issues.
- Maintains Vault controls and ensures dual control compliance in absence of the Vault FSR.
- Maintains customer confidentiality at all times.
- Takes responsibility for achieving objectives, and is accountable for his/her results, actions and decisions.
- Complies with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Six months of banking experience which includes new account opening experience, completion of Cash Vault custodian duties, and completion of ATM custodian duties.
- Ability to apply general accounting knowledge (debits, credit, balancing) to processes.
- Ability to cross-sell banking products and services.
- Ability to apply knowledge and sound judgment in decision-making using established guidelines.
- Cash handling experience.
- Thorough knowledge of various Teller Drawer equipment (PODs, Recyclers, traditional cash drawers, etc.).
- Proficient level of computer competency including Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook), typing and ten-key proficient.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to function in a team environment.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- High level of integrity.
- Able to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Willing to accept new ideas and methods and be agreeable to change.
Interested parties can respond at www.smartbank.com. SmartBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.