The Bank of Fayette County
Regulatory Compliance Assistant
The function of the Regulatory Compliance Assistant position is to assist the Compliance Officer in performing various compliance audits and various administrative duties.
- Performs audit procedures for various compliance-related regulations, as directed by the Compliance Officer.
- Prepares and presents a summary of findings to the Compliance Officer for audit procedures performed.
- Performs follow up reviews, when necessary, to ensure all recommendations or weaknesses have been addressed.
- Provides support to the Compliance Officer in developing and delivering Bank specific compliance training courses.
- Maintains the Bank’s ABA on-line training profile; assigns required compliance on-line training courses; monitors for completion.
- Assists with collection of missing compliance documentation to ensure compliance with all regulations and federal and state laws.
- Assists the compliance officer in reviewing, approving and monitoring all loans secured by property located in an area of special flood hazard.
- Logs loan denials and withdrawn applications onto proper log; mails Adverse Action notices and withdrawn application letters, scans and files denied and withdrawn loan applications.
- Attends Compliance Committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A knowledge of the lending process and loan documents; familiarity with consumer compliance laws and regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as rules, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, policies, procedures and correspondence.
- Ability to speak and write effectively to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must maintain confidentiality of borrower and/or company information.
- High school education or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years of mortgage lending experience, including adherence to regulatory compliance regulations and federal and state laws.
- Regulatory compliance experience a plus.
Please email your resume to:
David Dufour, Director of Human Resources