The Bank of Fayette County
Loan Officer – Tipton County
The primary responsibility of the Loan Officer is to make a difference in the lives of our customers. The Loan Officer will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the Bank team throughout the loan process. The ideal candidate also has experience managing home equity loans, home equity lines of credit, mortgage refinancing, consumer loans and other bank products.
- Meet with customers to determine their needs and recommend the best loan products to help meet their goals
- Maintain an active knowledge base of all of the organization’s loan products and an understanding of the qualifications required of each applicant
- Review active loan files to determine if any documents are missing or what can be done to help the process along
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customers' needs.
- Maintain data in information systems or databases.
- Market bank products to individuals and firms, promoting bank services that may meet customers' needs.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks to locate prospects for loans
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Current registration under the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry
- Excellent communications and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and a mind for numbers
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a Consumer or Mortgage Loan Officer
Please email your resume to:
David Dufour, Director of Human Resources