Loan Assistant I
The Loan Assistant I position provides support to the company’s bankers by servicing, maintaining and updating loan documentation and loan files. The position requires substantial interaction with new and current bank customers, both internal and external. This position also requires excellent customer service skills along with proactive communication abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic understanding of loan documentation, credit policy and banking regulation to enable a constant review to ensure the assistant is up to speed on any changes with company credit policy and company compliance.
- Coordinate the preparation of required loan documentation; review documentation for compliance with documentation requirements; coordinate the execution of loan documents; organize workflow for loan renewal; follow up with clients, insurance agents, Title Company and/ or attorney for missing loan documentation as necessary.
- Effective file maintenance to resolve exceptions or any other documentation deficiencies along with actively managing outstanding exception items for compliance with Credit Policy.
- Work closely with the assigned banker to assist in collecting financial data and client phone/email communication to better manage the overall client relationship. Other client related services include wires, NSF accounts and overdrafts. Should contain a basic understanding of financial statements and their interpretations.
- Responsible for monitoring reports such as past due, paid off loans, criticized assets, and maturing loan lists to assist and proactively inform banker of potential or pending issues along with providing support to minimize administrative issues such client past dues.
- Promote an outstanding customer experience by exemplifying prompt follow-up and proactive internal/external customer communication, proper etiquette, and all other professional customer service qualities to maximize the most out of the client relationships.
- Basic understanding of HMDA, CRA Community Development, and CRA Small Business Revenue inputs to ensure proper reporting and compliance for the bank.
- Solid partnership with all ancillary departments within the bank to include the Loan Admin group, CIS, Loan Review, Special Assets, Bank Card, and Consumer Special Services.
- In certain markets, basic understanding and communication ability of the bank’s retail services and processes.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and comprehend simple instructions, routine business correspondence, financial reports and/or legal documents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations.
- Ability to manage problematic situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Education and/or Experience
- HS Diploma/GED required
- One to two years clerical, administrative support or general office experience.
- Prior loan experience preferred.
- Computer Skills
- MS Office programs
- Basic understanding of the bank’s operating systems to include Lending Cycle, Argo, and Synergy or relative prior experience with similar operating systems
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive in judgment, multi-task, and be punctual and timely in performing tasks.
- Skills Training:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualified candidates may email their resumes to email@example.com.