Branch Manager II
The Branch Manager II is responsible for the professional execution of all activities within a single bank branch or multiple branches. The Branch Manager II oversees sales, operations, security and compliance performance with the branch and/or branches. The position is responsible for developing, coaching and leading their team(s) to build new and retain and grow existing business. The Branch Manager II provides coaching, problem solving, guidance and staff motivation to empower their team(s). Assists District and Regional management , providing input for goal setting to ensure profitable growth in their markets. Qualifications for a Branch Manager II: Population: .5% to 2.7%, Transactions: 4000-6000, Core Deposits: $18-$25MM, Accounts: 1700-3000.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to effectively hire ire, train, orient, evaluate, discipline and coach staff in a large or multiple branches.
- Could be responsible for managing multiple branches with direct leadership of other managers or managing a branch with a $5MM+ consumer loan portfolio.
- Basic business development experience necessary to ensure that all branch and individual sales goals are met by marketing of retail and speciality line products and services, discussing options and making recommendations to customers and prospective customers. The ability to create and deliver an effective sales plan to an existing or potential customer base is also an important function of this position.
- Maintain good relations with staff, customers, prospective customers and the community by participation in community activities, civic groups and/or advisory boards to retain existing and develop new business.
- Maintain knowledge of all aspects of the branch banking system including familiarity with the functions of each position supervised.
- Facilitate a moderate understanding of consumer loan requests: solicit loan requests; maintain knowledge of loan policies and procedures; assist with branch(es)’ consumer loan portfolio(s); coach staff(s) to sell and handle consumer loan requests in an effective manner.
- Meet regularly with staff(s) regarding time management, communication skills, sales, regular business, bank security and operational policies to build employees’ confidence, competency and efficiency.
- Compile and maintain timely sales, compliance, and security records in order to provide information to district and/or regional management.
- Moderate understanding bank operations, audit strategy and compliance initiatives to ensure all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations
- Ability to written reports, procedures and simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees in the organization
- Ability to effectively lead teams to achieve both individual and branch-wide goals on a consistent basis.
- Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Two to four years sales management experience required.
- Computer Skills
- MS Office programs
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Strong leadership
- Able to motivate and lead several associates and/or several teams.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Communication, Coaching, Discipline, Delegation,
- Time Management, Sales, Interviewing
- Budgeting Principles, Management, Leadership
Qualified candidates may email their resumes to email@example.com.