Branch Manager I
The Branch Manager I is responsible for fluid and professional execution of all sales and operations activities within a bank branch. The Branch Manager I is responsible for development of new loan and deposit business for the bank and building relationships for retention and growth of existing business. The position is responsible for development of staff members’ career growth by supervision and delegation of work and providing guidance to help staff meet their goals and service customers. The Branch Manager I must be familiar with and be able to effectively handle all duties of staff supervised by the position. Qualifications for a Branch Manager I: Population: <.5%, Transactions: <4000, Core Deposits: <$18MM, Accounts: <1700.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to effectively hire, train, orient, evaluate, discipline and coach staff to ensure expectations for their positions are met.
- Entry level business development experience necessary to ensure that all branch and individual sales goals are met by marketing of retail and specialty line products and services, discussing options and making recommendations to customers and prospective customers. The ability to create and deliver an effective sales plan to an existing or potential customer base is also an important function of this position.
- Maintain good public relations with customers, prospective customers and the community by participation in community activities, civic groups and/or advisory boards.
- Be knowledgeable of all aspects of the branch banking system including familiarity with the functions of each position supervised.
- Facilitate a basic understanding of consumer loan requests: solicit loan requests; maintain knowledge loan policies and procedures; assist with branch’s consumer loan portfolio; coach staff to sell and handle consumer loan requests in an effective manner.
- Meet regularly with staff(s) regarding time management, communication skills, sales, regular business, bank security and operational policies to build employees’ confidence, competency and efficiency.
- Compile and maintain timely sales, compliance, and security records in order to provide information to district and/or regional management.
- Basic understanding bank operations, audit strategy and compliance initiatives to ensure all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and comprehend simple instructions, financial reports and/or legal documents and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees in the organization.
- Ability to effectively lead teams to achieve both individual and branch-wide goals on a consistent basis.
- Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- One to two years sales management required
- Computer Skills
- MS Office programs
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Proven ability to manage and coach a team
- Sales and goal oriented individual
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Communication, Interviewing, Delegation, Coaching,
- Management, Leadership, Time Management, Discipline,
- Sales, Team Building, Budgeting Principles, Business Development
Qualified candidates may email their resumes to email@example.com.