BSA/AML Compliance Management
October 1: Virtual
This program is a virtual-only event. Contact Monique White for more information.
TBA will host our annual BSA/AML Compliance Management Program (CMP) training event online this year. The formal requirements for compliance under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) rules continue to be under heightened examiner scrutiny. With these unprecedented times of rapid regulatory change, guidance, socio-economic impacts and business closures, the strength of your BSA/AML CMP is essential more than ever.
The BSA/AML CMP incorporates a review of your institution’s BSA/AML technical compliance responsibilities and covers the required elements of your program. It is the annual review where everyone needs to remember their critical duties and the emerging risks potentially impacting your institution. This is essential training for both new and experienced BSA personnel.
- Regulations require that every bank have an ongoing BSA/AML training program from essentials to emerging risks
- Highlight key BSA/AML regulatory requirements, including recent changes
- Emerging risks, including those triggered due to COVID-19, have required immediate adjustments—and you need to ensure you have not missed anything
- BSA/AML CMP regulatory requirements, including beneficial ownership examination considerations and emerging risks
- OFAC CMP requirements and recommendations
- Currency Transaction Reporting (CTRs)
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SARs)
- Record retention
- Information sharing—more than 314 (a) and 314 (b)
- Emerging risks
- COVID-19 impact on your 2020 BSA/AML CMP, including monitoring, audit and risk assessment
- Virtual currency
- Human trafficking
- Financial exploitation of the elderly
Leah M. Hamilton, vice president and senior consultant, ProBank Austin
9:00 a.m.—Program begins
Noon—Break for lunch
1:00 p.m.—Program resumes
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for personnel who have responsibility for maintaining or auditing Bank Secrecy Act compliance efforts.
Continuing Education Credit
6.5 hours CPE credit
|TBA Members / Associate Members||Nonmembers|