WEBINAR: RESPA and Those Pesky Section 8 Violations
December 3: Online
This program has been canceled. Contact Sheena Frech for more information.
Live Webinar from 1:30–3:30 p.m. CT
Every financial institution has violations of Section 8. How serious are your violations? You need to be aware of your violations and take steps to eliminate them.
This one-two-hour webinar reviews the RESPA/Regulation X rules that prohibit unearned fees and kickbacks and many of the recent consent decrees brokered by the CFPB. Participants receive a detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after the program is completed.
Upon completion of this program, participants understand:
• What transactions are covered by RESPA’s prohibition against unearned fees and kickbacks
• What actions are prohibited
• What constitutes a referral fee, or an unearned fee or kickback
• What compensation is permissible
• What constitutes an affiliated business arrangement and the rules that apply to such arrangements
• How to properly handle broker arrangements
• Recent CFPB consent decrees related to Section 8, including a case where the CFPB didn’t come out the winner in the end
Jack Holzknecht, Compliance Resource, LLC
Site connections/registrations for this program are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Everyone registered for this webinar will receive access information for the presentation plus materials for printing via email on Wednesday, November 27, 2019. Those who do not receive information by 2 p.m. CT on that date are not considered registered and should contact Sheena Frech in the TBA office. You may contact TBA prior to November 27 to verify receipt of your registration.
Tennessee Bankers Association does not assume responsibility for incorrect information supplied to us, for those registering incorrectly for the program, or for registrants who do not contact TBA if they have not received access information by 2 p.m. CT on November 27, 2019.
Webinar Access Information
Webinar participants receive phone access for the audio portion of the presentation and a link to the PowerPoint slides shown during the webinar. The presentation is approximately 120-plus minutes, including time for Q&A. Each individual registration provides one connection to the live audio program, and this connection allows you to have unlimited listeners present during the presentation.