Real Estate Appraisal
May 30: TBA Barrett Training Center, Nashville
Early Registration Deadline: May 16, 2019
This full day seminar will focus on the recent regulatory updates for your Real Estate Valuation Program. It will provide guidance on common questions and suggested responses for the regulators during the real estate portion of the Safety and Soundness Exam.
Eric Collinsworth, Appraisal Advisory Associates, LLC
- Discussion of the recent FAQ on Appraisal Regulations—Each of the FAQ responses offered by the regulators for interpreting the RE Valuation regs
- Evaluation Threshold Updates—The recent threshold increase for commercial real estate transactions includes samples that could be considered eligible property types often overlooked; the current pending threshold increase for one-to-four family residential transactions will also be updated and discussed if approved by the regulators
- EGRRCPA Update—Section 103 (Exemption from appraisals of real property located in rural areas) of this law and suggestions for how to support your exemptions
- Dealing with the appraiser shortages and higher fees—Current shortages of appraisers as well as any possible regulatory changes to address the problem for the near future
- Available Report Options and When Each Is Needed—The various types of appraisal or evaluations reports and when their use is appropriate; this includes suggestions that are often overlooked but could save your borrowers on fees and with quicker turn around times
- Minimum Appraisal Standards—Summary of minimum appraisal standards, the appraisal development process, and transactions requiring an appraisal; several examples will be discussed under the “As Is” value requirement
- Minimum Evaluation Standards—When the use of an evaluation is acceptable as well as minimum evaluation requirements necessary for an acceptable evaluation; and a detailed overview of the threshold increase for commercial real estate transactions with examples
- Understanding the Various Types of Reviews—The differences between an appraisal compliance review and a USPAP standard 3 review will be discussed along with outsourcing reviews; also includes discussion of the evaluation compliance review
- Understanding Capitalization Rates in an appraisal—How these are derived and how to understand their use in the commercial appraisal report
- *RE Valuation Safety and Soundness Exam tips—Common questions and suggested responses for your regulators during the safety and soundness exam
*Seminar participants will have the opportunity throughout the day to anonymously submit previous questions asked by their examiners or situations presented during their safety and soundness exams. The presenter will address these questions and offer suggestions for responses to them and the situations submitted.
Who Should Attend
Members of the bank who are involved with ordering, writing, or reviewing appraisal and/or evaluation reports, as well as other employees who rely on these reports will be interested in this program. This seminar may also be useful to credit officers, loan officers, credit analysts, loan review officers, credit administration supervisors, and loan assistants.
8:30 a.m. Registration/Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program begins
1:00 p.m. Program resumes
4:00 p.m. Adjourn
Continuing Education Credit
Attendees qualify for 6.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit in the area of Specialized Knowledge.
|TBA Members / Associate Members||Nonmembers|
|Early registration deadline is May 16, 2019|