John Muse, chairman, president and CEO of Farmers State Bank in Mountain City, was installed as chairman of the Tennessee Bankers Association during ceremonies at the closing banquet on Tuesday, June 19, 2018. Muse accepted the chairman’s gavel from Lee Moss, president of Franklin Synergy Bank, Murfreesboro/Franklin. Moss will remain a member of the Association’s board of directors for the next three years to help ensure continuity of leadership.
Delegates from TBA-member institutions elect new executive of officers each year during the annual convention, with members receiving one vote per charter.
Executive of officers elected for 2018–2019 are:
- Chairman—John Muse, chairman, president and CEO, Farmers State Bank, Mountain City
- Chairman-elect—R. Molitor Ford, Jr., vice chairman and CEO, Commercial Bank & Trust Co., Memphis
- Vice Chairman—Chris Holmes, president and CEO, FirstBank, Nashville
In addition to the executive of officers, TBA members elected one new director from each of the three grand divisions of the state. Directors serve three-year terms on the TBA board. New directors are:
- East Tennessee—David Reynolds, CEO, President and Director, Peoples Bank of the South, LaFollette
- Middle Tennessee—Ted H. Williams, President and CEO, TriStar Bank, Dickson
- West Tennessee—Gene Henson, President, Memphis/North Mississippi Region, Trustmark National Bank, Memphis
With the election of the new directors, three directors rotated off of the board. Completing their terms of service were:
- Michael Kramer, Chairman, Southeastern Trust Company, Chattanooga
- Betty Sue Hibdon, President and CEO Emeritus, Citizens Bank, Hartsville
- D. Bryan Jordan, President and CEO, First Tennessee Bank, Memphis
Continuing their terms on the board are:
- George Shirley, Chairman, President and CEO, Citizens Bank and Trust Company of Grainger County, Rutledge
- Mark Hayes, Chairman/CEO, First National Bank of Pulaski, Pulaski,
- H. McCall Wilson, Jr, President and CEO, The Bank of Fayette County, Piperton
- Brandon Hull, president/CEO, Greeneville Federal Bank, Greeneville
- DeVan Ard, president/CEO, Reliant Bank, Brentwood
- Andrea Browning, CEO, Centennial Bank, Trezevant
As TBA’s governing body, members of the board are always available for members to share questions, thoughts, or suggestions concerning the TBA and the banking industry.