SimplyBank is a fast growing community bank headquartered in Spring, City Tennessee. It has branches located in Spring City, Dayton (2), Harriman, Rockwood, and Benton Tennessee. The bank is in search for a Compliance Specialist position in the Dayton, Tennessee office. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to work in a challenging and rewarding environment.
The Compliance Specialist is to ensure that the Bank is complying with all state and federal regulations regarding consumer protection laws that are applicable to the Bank’s business operation – operations/deposit and loan side of the Bank. Monitor the Bank’s policies and procedures to ensure the departments are observing. Complete compliance audits annually on the areas designated by management and compliance.
Direct Report – Corporate Risk and Compliance Officer
Send Resume to – email@example.com in the subject indicate resume and job title; or mail your resume to Anthony Gervolino, Corporate Risk and Compliance Officer, PO Box 398 Dayton TN 37321 – mark confidential.
Status - Salary
Salary - Negotiable
Compliance Specialist general responsibilities,
• Develop with management an annual audit schedule;
• Complete the compliance audits as scheduled;
• Developing policies and procedures with the various departments within the Bank.
• When required update policies and procedures.
• Training management and employees in consumer protection laws and regulations;
• Reviewing policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the institution’s stated policies and procedures;
• Assessing emerging issues or potential liabilities;
• Reporting compliance activities and audit/review findings to the Board; and
• Ensuring that corrective actions are implemented in a timely fashion and are effective at preventing recurrence.
• Assist in management coordinating in responding to consumer complaints.
• Provide a risk rating at the conclusion of each audit.
• Provide recommendations to the Bank for all findings.
• Fair Lending Reports.
• Other duties as assigned
• The compliance specialist will have knowledge and understanding of all consumer protection laws and regulations that apply to the business operations of the Bank.
• The compliance specialist should also have general knowledge of the overall operations of the Bank and interact with all of the departments and branches to keep abreast of changes (e.g., new products, services or business practices; personnel turnover) that may require action to manage perceived risk.
• The compliance specialist will devote the required time to compliance activities.
• To be effective at overseeing compliance and maintaining a strong compliance posture, a compliance specialist must be willing to attend ongoing training.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Sit at a desk and computer terminal for extended time periods.
• Move around within the office and between bank locations to appropriately interact with all personnel.
Duties are performed in an office environment in a professional business setting. Position requires occasional travel to bank branch locations, off-site vendors, meetings, and other locations as duties require. Work pace can be very fast during deadlines and peak periods
Interacts with lending-related and operations personnel throughout the bank. Communicates and coordinates with external contacts (government agencies/regulatory officials, outside vendors, etc.)
Eligibility Requirements (Minimum Qualifications)
Achievement of a bachelor’s degree in business related field with an emphasis in finance or accounting. A minimum of three years’ experience in a compliance or compliance related area is required.
Individuals without a college degree and with minimum of three years’ experience in Compliance or compliance related experience.