Reliant Bank is a full-service commercial bank that provides customer service from its website, mobile app, via telephone and from 17 retail locations in Davidson, Hamilton, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. Reliant’s mortgage division is housed in Brentwood, Tennessee, but provides mortgage services nationally. Reliant offers a variety of deposit, lending, and mortgage products and services to business and retail customers. The bank’s vision is to be the best financial institution at building and being a part of the communities served, one customer at a time. The company intends to continue building the Reliant brand across its markets and remains committed to building long-term value for its shareholders. We are currently seeking a Senior Correspondent Underwriter. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This non-exempt position reports to the VP, Correspondent Lending.
For additional information, locations and hours of operation, please visit reliantbank.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Senior Correspondent Underwriter underwrites loans in accordance with Reliant Bank and Investor guidelines following Reliant Bank’s policies and procedures under general supervision. Makes sound underwriting decisions and ensures that all decisions meet legal and policy requirements.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
• Performs a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Bank and Investor guidelines
• Performs a thorough analysis of collateral to ensure property meets investor guidelines and the appraisal quality and completeness is acceptable
• Applies and interprets bank underwriting guidelines and makes sound credit decisions
• Completes credit analysis of income, analysis of property, ensures proper audits are completed and verifies consistency of loan file information
• Identifies risk factors within each loan and utilizes resources, tools and documentation to detect red flags and clear inconsistencies
• Reviews and evaluates credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs
• Determines any conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements
• Reviews and clears underwriting conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements
• Communicates with clients, sales teams and operations teams to resolve outstanding issues as they arise
• Resolves and responds to post closing credit exceptions received from investors and auditors when required on loans underwritten
• Maintains ongoing knowledge of investor guidelines, updates and trends as applicable
• Completes second signature underwriting review on loan files underwritten by junior underwriters and within designated authority as needed
• Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
• Performs other tasks and projects as needed and assists departmental support staff when necessary
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
• Minimum of five years of FHA mortgage underwriting work experience preferred.
• Paperless Loan Origination System experience preferred.
• FHA Direct Endorsement designation and/or VA SAR designation highly preferred.
• DU and LP experience required.
• Ability to communicate effectively through writing, speaking and listening
• Ability to stay organized and work on several tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to handle detailed assignments.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Ability to deliver quality internal and external client support
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k), paid time off and volunteer time.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume via e-mail to HR@reliantbank.com.
Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.