Company: Legends Bank
Reports to: VP – Compliance/BSA/Internal Audit
Location: Clarksville, TN
BANK SECRECY ACT / ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING
MISSION: To provide assistance to the Compliance/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) department to ensure regulatory compliance with regards to the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC rules and regulations. To assist in developing systems and procedures in order to ensure the operating success and efficiency of Compliance/BSA/AML programs.
- Responsible for the identification and tracking of suspicious activity through the generation and review of various reports of daily transactions for signs of any unusual or out of the ordinary customer activity.
- Responsible for the accurate completion and timely filing of CTRs (Currency Transaction Reports).
- Responsible for various FinCen record searches and maintaining a log of findings.
- Responsible for adequately investigating and documenting suspicious activity including timely filing and reporting of a SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) on the activity.
- Collect and provide requested documentation to various examiners, auditors, law enforcement and governmental agencies regarding SARs, CTRs, and AML monitoring records.
- Perform and document due diligence reviews on exempt customers, high risk customers and new customers as required.
- Assist with Annual BSA/AML/OFAC training and new employee training.
- Attend various training seminars in order to maintain a proficient working knowledge of the BSA/AML rules.
- Assist in performing the duties of the bank’s OFAC Program.
- Responsible for quarterly due diligence reviews of RDC; wires; ACH; and other areas as assigned.
- Responsible for monthly due diligence of monetary instrument logs.
- Use of BSA/AML Software (currently Patriot Officer) to assist in the risk management of suspicious activities and management of the bank’s BSA/AML Program and use of BNControl for various tracking reports.
- Additional duties as assigned.
MISSON: To provide support in the Internal Audit area with review of internal controls. Evaluate compliance with management and regulatory policies and procedures and test the effectiveness, efficiencies and appropriateness of managerial policies and procedures and make recommendations where needed. Determine whether managements’ objectives are being accomplished. Detection and prevention of fraud. Identify controls to mitigate risk. Conduct audits and report findings to the appropriate bank management. Review computer generated reports to detect risks or fraudulent activities.
- Assist with various audits and reviews of bank procedures.
- Conduct or assist in branch audits and cash counts.
- Daily system reviews as assigned.
- Provide support and assistance with various exams, audits or reviews.
- Assist with the co-ordination of the engagement & schedules of External Audits & reports of findings to Management
- Additional duties as assigned.
MISSION: To assist the Compliance department as needed in the research, monitoring, and implementation of regulatory requirements. To assist in the interpretation and dissemination of information on regulatory matters to our team members.
- Maintain a proficient working knowledge of specific regulations as assigned.
- Maintain understanding of the regulatory process and follows legislative and regulatory developments. Experience with HMDA regulations is a plus.
- Assist the Compliance department in providing support during an examination/audit from the federal regulators and internal/external auditors.
- Demonstrate the attributes of a leader in the role as a day-to-day compliance resource to all team members while striving to develop a good rapport and cooperative relationships.
- Assist in the monitoring and testing of compliance with various regulations and rules as assigned.
- Assist with various compliance reviews and reporting.
- College degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration would be highly desired. Minimum of High School Diploma with five (5) or more years of banking experience. Additional professional/technical training and 3 years’ experience in the banking industry in particular in the area of deposit and loan compliance and audit preferred. Ongoing training is required to keep abreast of changing laws, regulations and best practices.
- Must have above average working knowledge of Banking operations, its products, services, and understand its organizational structure. Above average knowledge of teller functions, transactions and processes is required. Experience in account opening and/or loan processing is a plus.
- Must understand the legislative and regulatory process and maintain a proficient knowledge of specific regulations through self-development and formal training and perform necessary research to accomplish the understanding and how the regulations apply to Legends Bank.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to recover from and adjust to change.
- Must have the ability to maintain an independence or autonomy similar to that of an external auditor.
- Must possess verbal/written communication skills able to communicate tactfully with all levels of bank personnel showing consideration to avoid strife in dealing with team members.
- High attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to multitask issues and projects while maintaining composure when working under pressure or stress.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products with ability to operate a computer terminal.
- Must represent the Bank with a high level of integrity while supporting management decisions and goals in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent research skills with the ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation. Must be a strong problem solver.
- Must be self-motivated with a proven ability to reach goals or performance tasks with little supervision or direction.
- May be called upon to participate in projects in support of the bank’s community relations’ goals.
- This position requires working with some large thick files, working for a long period of time at a computer, ability to operate a 10 key calculator, ability to count money and ability to stand for a period of time to conduct some audit activities. There may be some lifting and bending that may be required from time to time up to 20 pounds.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org