As one of the largest and most respected public accounting and consulting firms in the southeast, Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund is proud to say that we are a relationship-driven, technology-oriented, forward-thinking firm that is growing. Currently, we are seeking a strong Financial Institution Consultant in the Nashville, TN area that sees themselves as a leader who wants to join a firm that fosters both personal and professional development and supports the drive for advancement. This individual would provide exceptional Internal Audit and Compliance Services to our financial institution clients, primarily throughout Tennessee.
This is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many community bankers in meeting their ever-expanding compliance and regulatory requirements. If you have always thought there “must be something more” for you than a day-to day compliance or operations position in just one institution, this position might be perfect for you.
- Perform internal audits and compliance reviewed for financial institutions in accordance with our internal audit programs determining the adequacy of internal controls.
- Coordinate audit schedule and activities with financial institution to best utilize available resources and achieve established objectives.
- Review financial institution practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing, and drawing conclusions related to all significant federal and state legal and regulatory requirements (i.e., Regulations B, C, D, E, AA, BB, CC, DD, X, Z, HOEPA, Fair Housing Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, FACT Act, HPCT, HCML and HPML Provisions of Regulation Z) and their applicability to Client Bank’s products, services and systems.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of financial institution records and recordkeeping.
- Report audit findings and recommendations to appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits.
- Serve as a compliance resource to our Client Banks and assist our Shareholders and Financial Institution team with maintaining a cutting-edge awareness of regulatory compliance and legislative developments and industry trends.
- Provide training in compliance matters and regulations to Client Bank Personnel as assigned and directed by the Financial Institution Shareholder in-charge.
- Provide Consulting Assistance to Client Banks regarding updating policies and procedures, as necessary; and other duties that may be assigned by the Financial Institution Shareholder in-charge.
- Maintain professional association membership and participate in events that promote interaction with existing clients and prospects.
- Requires a business-related degree or a combination of education and related work experience.
- Requires a minimum of 5-10 years of related job experience, internal audit or compliance certification is a plus.
- Bank Secrecy Act and/or Loan Compliance experience is desired.
- CRCM Certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience with risk identification and analysis.
- Awareness of regulatory rules such as HMDA, ECOA, RESPA, TILA and TRID
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with regards to audit findings.
- Ability to plan, and prioritize, work independently, and organize work effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines.
- Ability for overnight travel, required.
Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund offers a rich benefits package. Some of the highlights include: major medical, dental & vision insurance, ample PTO + firm paid holidays, sabbatical program, employer paid life insurance and long-term disability, firm paid CPE, 401k and Profit-Sharing Plan.
Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund is one of the oldest and largest Florida-based accounting firms in the State. Truly unique for its strength through multiple generations, it is a firm focused on helping its clients, and achieving success by contributing to the success of others.
- Contact Name: Mel Kleinert, Recruiting / Learning & Development Manager
- Contact Phone: (850) 202-1333
- Contact Email: email@example.com