Company: Sumner Bank & Trust
Title: Loan Processor
Department: Loan Administration
Reports To: Loan Administration Manager
Performs assigned departmental tasks related to loan processing, loan documentation, compliance, transaction processing, reconcilement, scanning, report writing, and account maintenance. Reviews new and renewed loan transaction documentation and identifies exceptions to loan policy, compliance, and legal requirements. Enters exceptions on the ITI system and reviews documents to clear exception conditions. Researches and corrects posting errors to loan accounts. Responsible for reviewing and correcting non posted LAS transactions. Prints and mails all payment and past due notices and statements. Reviews and identifies exceptions to daily file maintenance reports. Reviews daily New and Renewed loan reports and enters all accounts into a review spreadsheet used by the department to ensure that all new and renewed loans are audited. Processes loans that have been paid in full. Performs department scanning of all documents relating to new, renewed, paid loans and exceptions. Works bank exceptions relating to expiring insurance and UCCs to be extended. Quality Control works in conjunction with Bank staff at all levels to ensure compliance with all policies, laws and regulations.
- Research and correct LAS Non Posted items
- Review LAS File Maintenance reports for exceptions to Loan Admin maintenance
- Reviews New / Renewed loan reports for exceptions and enters account info into department monitoring spreadsheet
- Enters Paid loan report info into department monitoring spreadsheet
- Prints and mails all payment and past due notices and statements
- Processes paid loans (obtaining officer authorization, preparing releases etc)
- Monitors credit buruea for reports pulled and enters into department monitoring spreadsheet
- Reviews weekly document exception reports for expiring insurance and lien documents that need to be renewed and obtains renewals
- For non real estate loans - works with loan officers to process
- Will complete and generate loan documents using LaserPro, review and prepare closing packages for lenders
- Responsible for disbursement of new loans
- Will upload new loan or Renew existing loan on Fiserv Navigator system
- Will complete documentation checklist for each new file
- Create loan file and review for accuracy and completeness
- Enter financial and document exceptions into the Navigator tracking system
- Scan loan packages, insurance and all other loan related documentation into Director
- Ensure that scanned documents are properly indexed in Director
Review new and renewed loan transactions, as a second review, for completeness, accuracy and compliance with SBT lending policies, government regulations and lien perfection requirements
- Identify documentation and other exceptions
- Enter exception items into the ITI tracking system
- Receive and review subsequent documents to be sent to credit files and remove exceptions
- Open and review general correspondence related to insurance, UCCs, and other file items
- Process and release documents on paid in full loans
- Scan paid loan documentation and ensure all original of the loan file have been scanned into Director prior to shredding of paid loan file
Perform assigned departmental Compliance tasks
- Review all new/renewed loans for appropriate compliance review to ensure adherence to all applicable state, and federal regulations
Perform assigned maintenance activities to ensure account activity is properly reflected in the bank’s automated Loan System
Research and process payment reversals, correct posting errors, NSF payments
- Processes all recoveries
Receive and process all loan related credit inquiries and audit confirmation requests.
Assist Senior Management and Department Manager with information requests and loan file management in preparation for, during and after completion of internal and external audits and exams.
Provide prompt and professional service to all internal and external customers regarding inquiries and
research requests. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
Assists both internal and external customers to ensure the successful operation of the company. Establishes and maintains an effective system of internal control. Ensures adherence to all applicable government regulations and company policies
Must be well organized, detail oriented and accurate. Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities.
Must demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills. Must be able to operate standard office equipment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Must be able to relate to others in a courteous and professional manner
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.
Qualified applicants can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.