Reliant Bank is a fast-growing community bank headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee. Reliant’s market area includes Davidson, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner and Williamson Counties in Middle Tennessee and Hamilton County in East Tennessee. We are seeking a Teller for branches in Maury and Hickman counties. This position’s home office will be in Columbia. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This non-exempt position reports to the Branch Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB
This position serves as front line sales and service specialist at multiple branch locations. Provides excellent customer care regarding daily transactions, addressing inquiries, and problem resolution. Performs all teller duties including, but not limited to, consumer or business deposit accounts, safe deposit boxes, loans, treasury management or investment client requests, processes receipt of cash, checks and loan payments. Acts as first line of defense to detect potential security risks, as it pertains to account fraud, counterfeit currency or suspected compromise. Participates with all branch activities to accomplish profit, growth, customer retention, referral quality, and service objectives.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Balances cash drawer and ATM daily and reports discrepancies to Management
- Processes after hours drop and assists customers with safe deposit box entry
- Accepts cash for deposit and reduces risk by verifying amounts and testing for evidence of counterfeiting
- Accepts checks for deposit and reduces risk by examining and verifying for proper endorsement and/or evidence of counterfeiting while ensuring the checks are properly negotiable
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawal requests after verification of account ownership, appropriate signatures and/or customer balances
- Counts and packages currency ensuring amounts do not exceed regulatory limits and ships out mutilated currency
- Sells official checks and redeems E/EE bonds
- Participates monthly in teller alarm and security device testing procedures
- Prepares and reviews CTR’s, SAR’s, MIL’s, Counterfeit Money Report, Teller Insight Branch Cash Balance and Transaction Totals Report, cash outages, and distributes to Head Teller/Operations
- Processes credit card cash advances and County Property Tax payments
- Processes daily teller work through Branch Capture, ensuring all account information is accurate, all transactions balance and the end of the day file is received by core processor
- Maintains Security, Vault and Key Box Logs to ensure branch security and compliance
- Provides excellent customer service including, recommendation, promotion and selling of appropriate bank products and services. Gathers information needed to efficiently process transactions and requests.
- Maintains a well-developed, working knowledge of bank products and services through self-motivation, seminars and in-house training
- Consistently meets or exceeds deposit and referral and goals as set by management
- Ensures work stations are neat, free of confidential information and properly stocked with forms and supplies
- Promotes the Bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Minimum of one-year teller experience preferred
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, dependable transportation, excellent driving record, and automobile insurance ($100K/$300K/$100K)
- Ability to travel independently and work effectively at different branch locations and with multiple managers
- Ability to keep branch security codes, keys and combinations secure and confidential
- Must be flexible with regards to schedule fluctuations
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Previous sales experience essential
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Good general math and cash handling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively through speaking, writing and listening
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting deadlines
- Maintain a professional image with public interaction
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume via e-mail to HR@reliantbank.com.
Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.