Reliant Bank is a fast-growing community bank headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee. Reliant’s market area includes Davidson, Hickman, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner and Williamson Counties in Middle Tennessee and Hamilton County in East Tennessee. We are seeking a Chief Accounting Officer & Controller. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated senior level professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. This exempt position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will be located at our Franklin Operations Center.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Chief Accounting Officer is responsible for the day-to-day management of the bank’s accounting processes and staff. As Controller, this position is also responsible for a broad range of accounting and finance activities of the Bank and its subsidiaries with emphasis on establishing and directing financial and accounting policies, processes, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs personnel management functions including coaching, training, supervises and directs, provides consistent feedback and conducts performance evaluations
- Develops, implements and maintains financial and accounting policies and procedures, and identifies system capabilities that support and automate established procedures
- Ensures appropriate application of generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and accounting regulations adopted by state and federal regulatory agencies to all accounting and financial reporting matters
- Establishes and adheres to internal controls over financial reporting
- Collaborates with department, and other functional areas, related to SOX, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Directs the preparation of financial reporting packages for management, the board of directors and committees of the board
- Manages financial closing and reporting functions and deadlines, including but not limited to achieving an efficient close process; monitoring and reporting budget variances; and working with departments to obtain explanations and establish corrective actions
- Directs the preparation of all federal and state regulatory financial reports
- Assists the Accounting Manager with the preparation of SEC financial reports
- Ensures that all federal and state tax reports and forms are prepared and filed on a timely basis and that all related payments are made timely
- Assists with the preparation of the federal and state tax accruals
- Responsible for gathering documents and preparing responses to information requests from auditors and examiners
- Advises management on opportunities for financial performance improvements including cost savings and revenue enhancement measures
- Manages financial and accounting integrations and conversions related to system and/or process changes
- Promotes the bank’s products and services whenever possible; participates in bank sponsored events, networking and volunteer opportunities at every opportunity
- Provides service that aligns with Reliant Bank’s Brand Promise: We are a growing community of friends – one relationship at a time
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance required
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Minimum five years financial institution experience in Accounting or Finance positions, or a combination of banking and public accounting, with an emphasis in financial institutions preferred
- Discretion in handling confidential information and sensitive documents
- Ability to communicate effectively through speaking, writing and listening
- Must be able to present information and ideas to executive level management in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate staff
- Ability to think strategically and perform detailed tasks
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independent of direct supervision
- Remains up-to-date on Continuing Education through TSCPA, AIB, and/or Institute of Banking courses
- Strong Microsoft Office, banking systems and accounting processes skills
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume via e-mail to HR@reliantbank.com.
Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.