First Volunteer Bank in Chattanooga is seeking a Compliance Specialist for its Risk Management area. At FVB, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can expect additional opportunities to help them build a long and lasting career. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, love working with people, and possess the drive to succeed, then we may be the bank for you. Apply online at www.firstvolunteer.com.
A Compliance Specialist in our Risk Management area is responsible for collecting and analyzing data while monitoring the bank’s processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and rules and then reporting those results to the Compliance Officer.
Job Duties and Primary Responsibilities
• Assists departments and individuals in complying with banking regulations and bank policies and procedures concerning regulatory compliance.
• Monitors the HMDA collection and reporting process.
• Monitors deposit compliance with Reg. D, Reg. E, Reg. CC, and Reg. DD.
• Analyzes data collected via the monitoring process and drafts monitoring reports for the Compliance Officer.
• Assists with the CRA collection and reporting process.
• Apprises the Compliance Officer of any major problem areas and specific training needs within the Bank.
• Assists Compliance Officer with training events.
• Assists Compliance Officer with audit and examination processes.
• Assists Compliance Officer in developing policy statements for regulatory compliance.
• Assists in monitoring of consumer complaints and documenting their disposition including those complaints to which a response is deemed unnecessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and 2 years related experience preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of credit and deposit products and services.
• Demonstrated analytical and technical skills regarding banking regulations and business operations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of various office technologies, including standard and specialized computer hardware and software.
• Demonstrated verbal and written presentation skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.