Employer: First Advantage Bank
Location: Nashville, TN
Reports to: Vice President, Mortgage Lending
Direct responsibility for the day‐to‐day management of the Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs) in the Nashville Market. Provides regular coaching, training and performance feedback to MLOs. Will need to conduct regular team meetings, one‐on‐one meetings with staff and management updates. Partners with MLOs, underwriters, and processors for success in achieving monthly goals. Provides regular productivity and progress reports to Management team. Identifies and implements solutions for sales and process improvement(s). Develops a healthy relationship with team members for implementing and maintaining positive bank culture.
- Manages MLO culture in a positive way
- Sets, executes and ensures adherence to mortgage sales structure
- Coaches team members to reach individual, branch and bank goals
- Responsible for consistency in sales and product development in Mortgage department
- Responsible for creating/improving sales related training for new and existing MLOs
- Works with VP for product review, setting sales goals and improvement of compensation structure (when necessary).
- Provides and maintains a professional, business‐like atmosphere within the bank.
- Represents the financial institution in approved activities.
- Works in conjunction with the other departments for review and implementation of new systems or products that will directly impact mortgage
- Responsible for keeping current on rates in the market
- Responsible for researching and presenting new opportunities within the Mortgage department to keep products and services current
- Ensures mortgage compliance, as well as other federal regulations.
- Easily explains/trains staff and customers on all available financial institution products and services.
- Trains, coaches and develops MLOs on sales process, sales structure and the culture of selling appropriate products
- May be requested to join/participate in special task force teams and/or committees.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive background in financial institution policies, procedures as well as regulations related to banking and mortgage lending – state and federal.
- Strong relationship and sales skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including social media, online banking, mobile banking and ecommerce.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience to coach, train and encourage others to learn the systems and services.
Conditions of Employment:
- Incumbent must successfully complete and pass standard drug screen and criminal background check.
Related Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all bank and department personnel policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
NOTE: First Advantage Bank reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description, as it desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at‐will”. The aforementioned job requirements may be changed to fulfill any obligation(s) to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Responses should be sent to HR@fabk.com