Employer: First Advantage Bank
Location: Nashville, TN
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Commercial Lending
Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Relationship Manager include active business development, origination of business real estate and other bank loan products, and meeting broad business banking needs through effective relationship building. Incumbent develops customer relationships, making sure they acquire loan, deposit, and other banking products appropriate to their circumstances. Assesses with customer the best options for the customer’s needs and initiates appropriate action. Analyzes the prospective client’s financial statements, counsel client on credit record or other concerns, and assists in determining initial qualification of loan program.
This position is expected to source a minimum of 75% of business from outside. High level of personal monthly loan production, spending approximately 60% to 70% of time outside of office engaged in business development and consultation activities with clients, builders, business owners and other referral sources.
- Through consultative selling incumbent initiates, reviews and analyzes customer needs
- Maintains a strong knowledge of the bank’s products and services
- Offers recommendations and actions to improve loan strategies with products and services when necessary
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, abilities and earnings to determine the right product
- Develops and maintains personal loan pipeline
- Studies problems and recommends changes in present business banking policies and practices. Keeps informed of competitor practices and trends in the business banking and middle market segments
- Teams with Treasury Management to develop leads and referrals within existing portfolio and priority one customers/targets.
- Administers existing loans to ensure complete conformity with terms and adequacy of documentation and remains cognizant of developing trends
- Arranges meetings between clients or prospective clients and appropriate financial institution representatives
- Manages a portfolio of accounts
- Teams with Credit Analysts to facilitate review and processing of loans
- Represents the financial institution in various civic and community functions to enhance image and develop new business
- Promotes favorable image of the financial institution in all business activities within the community
- Actively participates and initiates process improvement plans that support a better customer experience
Education and Experience:
- Four year degree in business administration or related field preferred
- Seven to 10 years of commercial/business banking experience
Conditions of Employment:
- Must successfully complete required drug screen and background check
Related Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all bank and department personnel policies and procedures
- Perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
NOTE: First Advantage Bank reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description, as it desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at‐will”. The aforementioned job requirements may be changed to fulfill any obligation(s) to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Responses should be sent to HR@fabk.com