Job Description: Senior Lending Officer
Announcement Date: September 10, 2018
Closing Date: September 21, 2018
The Housing Fund (THF) is a private, 501(c)(3) organization established to finance affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization projects throughout Middle Tennessee, including Montgomery County. Since its incorporation in 1996, THF has assisted over 3,000 first time homebuyers receive over $22 million in down payment assistance loans, as well as providing more than $40 million in financing to assist individuals and organizations purchase, rehabilitate, or construct homes for low and moderate income families. To put these numbers in perspective, THF has lent over $55 million, which has leveraged over $400 million in private financing for more than 1,500 units.
In partnership with the other members of the Housing Fund staff, the Senior Lending Officer is the primary loan originator for the loan programs. Manages and directs all lending activity in such a way that makes effective use of the agency’s resources and creates a positive impact on the housing and community development needs of low and moderate income persons and neighborhoods. Responsible for all loan production and manages the lending portfolio. Originates and underwrites development loans and approves down payment loans with the lending specialist.
- Conduct leading efforts to originate, structure and close loans, both residential and community development;
- Manage lending staff;
- Marketing THF loan products to a diverse array of potential borrowers, the community, and key organizations and agencies;
- Underwriting and analyzing loan applications in accordance with established policies;
- Presenting loans to the Board of Directors and its committees for approval;
- Work with closing attorneys and preparing required documents for closing;
- Coordinate disbursement and draw process as required;
- Monitor loans for compliance and accuracy of documents;
- Monitor loan performance and working with borrowers to make corrective actions as required;
- Make recommendations for policies that affect loan portfolio performance and portfolio risk;
- As member of the leadership team, work with the Board of Directors on program and policy development;
- Preparation of periodic reports as required;
- Participate in internal audits and analysis of lending activities;
- Maintain records as necessary for external audits and monitoring.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to translate and adapt past experience to current community development and affordable housing lending;
- Desire to provide internal and external leadership in the field of community development lending and interest in developing a personal alignment with the mission, goals and programs of THF;
- Understanding of federal community development programs and Community Development Financial Institutions is desirable;
- Strong management skills and organized approach to work;
- Strong analytic and math skills as applied to lending;
- Problem solving is an important aspect of the work, including innovative approaches where appropriate;
- Ability to perform job functions with limited supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and maintain momentum in each;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Customer service orientation with ability to use tact and courtesy when dealing with others.
- A college degree with four or more years of increasing responsibility working in the field of real estate lending or closely related fields, with credit analysis experience;
- Direct experience in loan origination, marketing and business development;
- Extensive knowledge of lending practices, regulations and guidelines;
- Work experience may be substituted for a portion of the education requirement as appropriate.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Kate Hinson at email@example.com
The Housing Fund
305 11th Ave South
Nashville, TN 37203
The Housing Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer