Job: Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: CB&S Bank
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Originates and manages a pipeline of secondary market mortgage loan applications and closes an acceptable volume of quality loans.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attracts new mortgage loan applications and retains existing business by developing relationships within builder and/or realtor communities.
- Advises borrowers on loan products by examining application and supporting documentation, and pre-qualifying for credit-worthiness. Provides guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of each program the borrower is qualified for; effectively communicate the terms of each product.
- Meets mortgage loan operational standards by implementing and maintaining productivity, quality, customer-service standards and problem resolution.
- Evaluates loan requests, analyzes financial data and determines qualification of collateral and customer credit history.
- Structures loan to comply with acceptable lending practices and Federal regulations.
- Collects documentation from borrower(s) and submits to the Loan Processor.
- Cross-sells other bank products and services.
- Maintains knowledge and follows all bank policies and procedures related to processing, underwriting, and closing of loans.
- Executes consultative sales strategies to drive exceptional service and create trusted relationships.
- Contacts Borrower, Lender, Realtor, etc., on a weekly basis with loan status.
- Documents conversations and other notes pertinent to the loan file in Point under the conversation log.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in mortgage origination or equivalent.
- Hold applicable licenses, as required.
- An advanced understanding of mortgage products and the ability to comprehend and implement complex financial concepts related to residential mortgage lending.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage products and services offered as well as market trends.
- Knowledgeable on agency and investor regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to market changes quickly.
- Ability to build strong relationships with production, underwriting, closing and other internal and external partners.
Interested applicants may apply using the following link: https://cbsbank.applicantpro.com