Job Title: Lending Compliance Officer
Department: CBBC Operations Center – 321 E Broadway Ave. Maryville, TN 37804
Reports to: Credit Officer
Shift: As assigned; typically, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Date Updated: October 2017
Description: The Lending Compliance Officer will be responsible for conducting internal compliance reviews of bank records to ensure bank operations are being conducted in accordance with bank policy and procedure, and banking laws and regulations.
Knowledge Required: Ability to read, study and understand government regulations. Must be able to respond to common inquiries from regulatory agencies and outside consultants.
Ability Required: Candidate must have a good understanding and ability to respond to the application of internal reviews, standards, procedures, and techniques. Must have a good understanding of human relations and the ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with coworkers. Must have the ability to conduct training for bank staff.
Skills Required: Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Skills in organization, verbal and written communication, and time management. Must have strong project management skills.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in loan or compliance related positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Performs an internal review program, which includes regular review procedures and activities for bank branches
• Responsible for all aspects of lending compliance regulations including but not limited to:
– Reg B (Adverse Action) (Appraisals);
– Fair Credit Reporting Act (Risk Based Pricing) (Red Flag);
– Truth in Lending Act (Reg Z) (as it applies to real estate secured loans);
– RESPA (Real Estate Procedures Act) (as it applies to real estate secured loans);
– Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) (definitions, exemptions, data collection and reporting);
– Flood Disaster Protection Act (required notices, flood insurance);
– Military Lending Act (Military Lending status as it applies to a covered borrower);
– UDAAP (Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices)
• Assist in the implementation of enhancements to our compliance management system. Including drafting policies and procedures.
• Conducts independent reviews and examinations of the Bank’s records in accordance with banking laws and regulations.
• Recommends and assists in the development of procedures and controls which are indicated through normal reviews.
• Submits written results for review in accordance with format described by the Bank’s Compliance Officer.
• May assist external auditors and regulators during the conduct of their exam.
• Performs other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
• Completes internal and compliance review within scheduled timeframes.
• Ensures all significant internal control weaknesses related to consumer compliance regulations are identified
• Ensures all regulatory compliance issues are identified and reported to the compliance officer
• Assists in achieving “satisfactory” ratings from auditors relative to the professional scope of the audit and/or compliance exam.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing these duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in this environment is minimal.
330 E Broadway Ave.
Maryville, TN 37804
Qualified applicants can apply online at https://www.cbbcbank.com/about/careers