Job Title: Loan Administration Training Specialist
Reports To: Director of Loan Operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, deliver and maintain training for all aspects of the lending cycle from application to payout. All tasks should be performed in a timely manner and will include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop, deliver and maintain a robust training program for lenders and loan assistants to include adherence to regulatory compliance, bank loan policy, underwriting requirements, legal requirements, Compliance One Lending system knowledge, Compliance One Manager system knowledge and FISERV system knowledge. All materials and delivery of training related to regulatory compliance will be reviewed and approved by the Director of Internal Audit/Compliance.
- Develop, deliver and maintain a robust training program for Central Loan Processing and Collateral Services staff members to include adherence to regulatory compliance, bank loan policy, underwriting requirements, legal requirements, Compliance One Lending system knowledge, Compliance One Mortgage system knowledge, Compliance One Manager system knowledge and FISERV system knowledge. All materials and delivery of training related to regulatory compliance will be reviewed and approved by the Director of Internal Audit/Compliance.
- Serve as the primary system administrator for the Compliance One Lending, Compliance One Mortgage and Compliance One Manager software as well as other website software applications as deemed necessary.
- Install, test, implement and train all applicable personnel for any enhancements/updates to the Compliance One Lending, Compliance One Manager and Compliance One Mortgage software.
- Revise and maintain the master loan policy as updated from time to time by the Chief Credit Risk Officer. Ensure that the most current version of the Loan Policy is available on the bank’s intranet. Notify all lending personnel via electronic communication when revisions are made to the policy.
- Revise and maintain the master lending authority grid as updated from time to time by the Chief Credit Risk Officer. Revise and maintain each officer/underwriter/committee individual lending authority document as updated from time to time by the Chief Credit Risk Officer. Document new lending officer lending authorities as communicated by the Chief Credit Risk Officer and send to same for approval.
- Develop technical training manuals/materials as needed to support various processes/procedures.
- Develop and maintain procedures manuals and materials for the central loan processing department
- Create an environment that stimulates learning and skill development
- Serve as back-up for the commercial and consumer central processing managers as needed.
- Assist the Director of Loan Operations with various tasks and projects as needed.
- Report to work on a daily basis according to schedule set by manager.
Although this position carries no direct supervisory responsibilities, this individual serves in the capacity of a leader among his/her peers in the manner in which he/she performs his/her job duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The individual must be able to routinely multi-task and maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Previous loan and training experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Must be able tospeak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret all types of visual graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent banking experience is required. Prior training and development experience is preferred; valid Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand(s) to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hand and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Background and proven successful track record in training.
- Exceptional facilitation, presentation, and listening skills.
- A desire to innovate and teach others.
- Ability to create training material presentations.
- Strong listening and problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate common office machines, and advanced computer capabilities. Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Ability to learn specific software applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and comfortable relationships with employees, supervisors and senior management.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail while meeting deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning and prioritization.
- Proven initiative, positive attitude, team-oriented, self-motivated and highly enthusiastic.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand sensitive data and to maintain confidentiality.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Qualified candidates may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.