The CRA / Fair Lending Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank's CRA and Fair Lending Compliance Programs. Drives the Bank’s strategy for the promotion, enhancement and oversight of these programs. Assists the Corporate Risk Officer and the Compliance Officer with managing the Bank’s CRA and Fair Lending risk and reporting to executive management on the progress and status of CRA and Fair Lending-related objectives and initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Monitor policies, procedures and practices to ensure adherence to “large bank” CRA reporting requirements and to federal and state regulations related to Fair Lending.
- Establish, participate in and maintain relationships with community based, charitable, and non-profit organizations.
- Encourage employee participation in CRA eligible activities.
- Conduct the Bank’s annual CRA and Fair Lending self-assessments and reports results to executive management.
- Maintain the Bank’s CRA Public File.
- Prepare periodic analysis and reporting of CRA Investments, Services, and Loans for the bank.
- Develop and implement CRA and Fair Lending training for all employees, officers and directors as applicable to individual roles and responsibilities.
- Assist bankers in identifying community development loans and outreach activities and community development service events.
- Work with the Corporate Risk Officer and the Compliance Officer on the timely and satisfactory resolution of consumer complaints relating to CRA compliance and Fair Lending issues.
- Perform fair lending sampling to detect violations or potential violations; identify root causes of any violations and work with the management and effected staff to fashion effective corrective measures.
- Coordinate and communicate with federal regulatory agency examiners during CRA and Fair Lending examinations.
- Keep up-to-date with evolving bank laws and regulations that affect CRA and Fair Lending practices
- Requires occasional travel within the Bank’s three-county assessment area
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position may require travel for trainings.
- Strong knowledge of the Community Reinvestment Act and Fair Lending regulations, including HMDA, ECOA, and Fair Housing Act
- Highly developed and proven ability to initiate and manage projects that will affect multiple departments and functions
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to formulate and drive a compliance program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Strong analytical and investigation skills with attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate complex problems and draw conclusions
- Ability to apply critical thinking to identify unusual issues and exercise judgment
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in regulatory consumer compliance; “large bank” CRA and Fair Lending experience preferred.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience using bank core application systems to research customer files.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions.
Interested candidates may send their resumes to Jan Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org.