Pathway Lending is a fast growing nonprofit and a national leader in Community Development Lending. Every day, we work with entrepreneurs to understand their professional opportunities and organizational challenges. Join us and see how our flexible loans and innovative educational services can support their goals, grow their business, and create meaningful impacts in communities across Tennessee and Alabama.
Since 1999, we’ve helped hundreds of businesses grow, loaned $150+ million, and provided 40,000+ hours of coaching. We’ve gained a prominent voice as a leader in mission-driven lending and as a strong partner with local, state, and federal agencies that we hope to leverage in the next phase of our growth. Pathway Lending has become one of the largest business focused CDFIs in the country.
Pathway Lending is expanding its lending operations and is searching for an experienced lending professional with a track record of developing relationships with financial institutions, referral partners and public and private stakeholders. The successful candidate will have great passion for helping entrepreneurs access capital and achieve their business goals.
Vice President, Business Lending
While we believe Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) like Pathway can be a game changer for economically underserved entrepreneurs and communities. It’s still a new concept so many people don’t realize how powerful we can be. It will be your job to introduce public and private stakeholders, as well as small businesses owners, to the lending and support resources we can provide.
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, this new position will lead the small business lending division. The Vice President in collaboration with the SVP will be responsible for developing and implementing a business strategy. Additionally, the Vice President will be responsible for identifying business opportunities for Pathway Lending consistent with its mission, values and vision. As Vice President you will be a primary representative of Pathway Lending. You will work with our public and private partners to market the availability of capital for underserved small businesses, as well as meeting with potential clients to determine credit worthiness and capacity. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing collaborative relationships with banks, resource providers, and public and private stakeholders. Your impeccable storytelling skills will shape our message and tell our clients’ stories to connect with the right audience at the right time.
WHAT EXPERIENCE YOU BRING
- Extensive relationships with the banking community.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with lending partners and public and private stakeholders.
- Proven ability to assess creditworthiness and business opportunities.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and experience in public speaking.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and proven ability to assimilate data and report data to stakeholders in a concise manner.
- Prior experience in a public facing role and willingness to be the “face” of Pathway Lending
- Strong understanding of community investment activities and community development including CRA knowledge.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop a business and execute a strategy for growing loans outstanding and increasing available loan capital.
- Develop a strategy to market Pathway Lending and our services to small business owners, bank partners and stakeholders.
- Meet with potential clients to assess creditworthiness and business opportunities.
- Coordinate and mentor a team of business professionals.
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Pathway is focused on growing the number of small businesses we provide loans to and helping those businesses grow and create jobs. What strategies would you recommend to achieve this goal?
- Pathway would like broad geographic dispersion of our loans to include rural and urban areas. What suggestions would you have to grow lending in these markets?
- Pathway Lending provides business loans to a target market that includes African-American business owners and businesses located in low and moderate income communities. How would you ensure our message reaches these populations?
AT-A-GLANCE “MUST HAVES”
- 10+ years of experience in lending and relationship development.
- Strong relationships in banking and public and private sectors that support economic development.
- Management and leadership experience.
- Extensive experience in credit evaluation and consultative sales of credit products.
- Focus on customer service.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A curiosity to understand entrepreneurs’ opportunities and challenges.
- A passion for helping people.
THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by July 30, 2018 will get preference.
If your background and experience align, you will be asked to complete a short-answer questionnaire and submit a sample of your work.
Next, if you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by The Gabriel Institute and then by Pathway. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
Salary commensurate with experience.