FULL TIME SHIFT: Monday-Thursday; 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Friday’s 8:00-6:00pm- Saturday 9am- 2pm
SALARY RANGE: $21,831.00-$34,590.00
LOCATION: Jefferson St
The position of Relationship Banking Specialist is responsible for performing routine and intermediate branch and customer services duties; accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals; assists with night depository duties; processing all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank’s products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Provides support to all assigned areas of branch operations where service or assistance is needed, including new accounts, teller, safe deposit, and other areas of basic branch operations.
- Assists consumer and business customers in their selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the Bank; ensures cross-sell opportunities are presented by applying professional sales techniques.
- Interviews customers to obtain information; establishes proper identification of new customers; determines need and extent of reference investigation; assists customers in completing credit applications.
- Discusses, prepares and processes documents related to the Bank’s Online Banking service.
- Discusses and accepts merchant card applications for submission to the Operations Department.
- Makes decisions regarding the opening of new accounts; assigns account numbers; completes forms requiring customer signature(s); checks credit history; accepts initial deposits; prepares all documents and items pertaining to checking accounts, savings accounts certificates of deposit, and other products for processing.
- Operates personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
- May represent the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business.
- Provides effective customer service by answering customer questions; investigates and corrects errors; and resolves problems or other issues.
- Issues official checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, etc.
- Performs safe deposit duties by opening accounts, controlling access, assisting customers and processing affiliated reports.
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
- Presents funds received from customer to teller for initial deposits; determines funds availability and obtains receipt for customer.
- Processes credit reports, wire transfers, credit card orders, address changes, check and deposit slip orders, and endorsement stamp orders.
- Records, files, scans documents, updates information and sort’s mail or reports as required.
- Gathers data and process various reports and callbacks.
- Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Processes DDA lines of credit and credit/debit card applications, card ordering and file maintenance.
- Processes statements, renewal notices and interest payments for IRA and certificates of deposit accounts.
- May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in balancing vault currency and coin.
- Cross-trains less experienced branch personnel.
- Type’s routine letters, reports and forms.
- Maintains files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and distributes supplies.
- Performs official notary service duties, if applicable.
The position of Financial Service Rep is not responsible for the supervision of any employee(s).
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. The position includes driving a Bank or personal owned vehicle approximately 20% of the time which includes exposure to the outside weather elements and moving mechanical parts. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, (lifting up to 25 pounds) driving, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular telephone, personal digital assistant (PDA) and/or Blackberry, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), check protector, scanner and image systems, scanning equipment, encoder, money counter, credit card terminal, typewriter, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer and related printers, or other equipment as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks and constant interruptions.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Associate degree or 3 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution operations, sales or customer service a background. Educational experience, through in house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Banking operational policies.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure , using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in branch operations activities, terminology and products and services relating to retail and commercial account customers.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found for this type of position.
Qualified applicants can send resumes to Patricia Mays at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 615-320-0627.