Reports to: SVP/Regional President
Salary Grade: 14
6501 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919
Primary responsibilities include active business development, origination of business real estate and other bank loan products, and meeting broad business banking needs through effective relationship building. Incumbent develops customer relationships, making sure they acquire loan, deposit, and other banking products appropriate to their circumstances. Assesses with customer the best options for the customer’s needs and initiates appropriate action. Analyzes the prospective client’s financial statements, counsel client on credit record or other concerns, and assists in determining initial qualification of loan program.
This position is expected to source a minimum of 75% of business from outside. High level of personal monthly loan production, spending approximately 60% to 70% of time outside of office engaged in business development and consultation activities with clients, builders, business owners and other referral sources.
Knowledge: Four-year degree in business, finance or related field. Demonstrated knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and lending practices. Thorough knowledge of all Bank business lending and deposit products. Demonstrated knowledge of credit analysis functions and related requirements and procedures. Successful completion of Bank training program(s) for lending (depending on experience and background as a lender). Familiarity with all HomeTrust Retail products and services.
Experience: Two – five years’ experience as a business lender required, seven - ten preferred. Demonstrated record achieving goals. Must be bondable. Demonstrated ability to understand and use Bank loan policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions. Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
Skills: Competent computer skills utilizing office and banking applications. Valid driver’s license required. Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance. Sales and service aptitude and ability. Earns quick credibility. Outgoing nature with excellent skills at building and maintaining relationships. Highly developed communication and presentation skills. Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive way. Effective team member and demonstrated collaboration skills. Technically savvy and efficient in completion of work. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and the general public in a positive, problem solving manner. Ability to listen to and convey accurately and quickly, detailed information, important instructions and/or ideas. Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority. Skilled professional networker. Excellent attention to detail. Proficient written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated by effective business relationships and production.
- Actively initiates business contacts to develop relationships and promote bank products and services.
- Counsels customers on business financing needs and process.
- Counsels customers and completes detailed review of loan application and other business services.
- Analyzes customer financial status, credit and property evaluations to determine loan feasibility.
- Develops and maintains personal loan pipeline.
- Teams with Credit Analysts to facilitate review and processing of loans.
- Responds timely to customer inquiries concerning active loans and Bank loan offerings and related business.
- Teams with Treasury Management to develop leads and referrals within existing portfolio and priority one customers/targets.
- Provides loan status reports to management as requested.
- Manages loan portfolio and ensures appropriate process is followed on delinquent accounts.
- Stays current on and proficiently follows the commercial lending underwriting guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with business owners, builders, real estate agents, etc.
- Performs other duties as requested
EOE: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities