Relationship Manager - Business Banking
Downtown Office, Nashville, TN, US
The Relationship Manager’s primary focus is on delivering exceptional customer service by providing clients with a wide array of commercial credit and treasury management products while meeting revenue and expense objectives of his or her position. Development and retention of new or existing commercial business and daily oversight and management of the lending and treasury management activities of their assigned portfolio is their primary role.
1. Develop new business relationships, maintain profitable business relationships with existing portfolio clients, and expand existing client relationships by participating in business development activities, proactively reviewing client's current and changing financial needs, and promoting cross-selling of bank products and services as appropriate to client requirements.
2. Manage daily customer activities of assigned portfolio to insure high degree of quality service to the portfolio.
3. Create and execute an ongoing business development plan to ensure that the bank achieves steady and profitable growth.
4. Manage the efforts of assigned Customer Service Representatives to ensure top quality customer service.
5. Monitor the credit quality of the portfolio to ensure bank performance standards are properly maintained.
6. Support the Bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going client contact, quality client service, and superior product knowledge.
7. Actively promote and engage in the bank’s community and networking efforts.
8. Support the internal referral of portfolio business clients to other areas of the bank for non-portfolio related needs
9. Develops a comprehensive understanding of client's needs based on the review and analysis of personal and financial data. Analyzes personal and financial data to deepen current, profitable client relationships.
10. Attend all BSA training (at least annual) offered through the bank. More frequent and/or specific training may be required, depending on job responsibilities. Perform job responsibilities to ensure the bank’s compliance with BSA/AML policies and procedures, which include detecting potential suspicious activity and reporting such activity to the BSA Officer and may include gathering and entering data into systems for monitoring and reporting.
Note: Incumbent may be asked to perform other non-essential duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but can be offset with sufficient years of experience and / or banking school courses
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of sales and business banking experience required