Downtown Office, Nashville, TN, US
Conducts complex assignments involving accounting projects. Provides training and guidance to less experienced staff. Assumes responsibility and accountability for developing and maintaining accurate and detailed accounting records and responsible for preparing financial statements and reports. Plays key role in the month end closing duties and reporting.
1. Oversees preparation of daily entries and monitoring of accounts.
2. Responsible for preparation of financial statements and regulatory reporting.
3. Responsible for month end and year end close process.
4. Provides quarterly and annual information to outsourced Firm to assist in tax preparation.
5. Serves as a partner to Management by providing internal accounting reports that help in decision making processes and/or analysis.
6. Provides training and guidance to less experienced accountants, including allocation and review of work performed by less experienced staff accountants.
7. Serves as contact for internal and external auditors.
8. Attend all BSA training (at least annual) offered through the bank. More frequent and/or specific training may be required, depending on job responsibilities. Perform job responsibilities to ensure the bank’s compliance with BSA/AML policies and procedures, which include detecting potential suspicious activity and reporting such activity to the BSA Officer and may include gathering and entering data into systems for monitoring and reporting.
Note: Incumbent may be asked to perform other non-essential duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of progressive Accounting related experience required. Banking industry experience required.