The Deposit Operations Assistant Manager is responsible for a variety of back-office functions in order to facilitate the daily data processing and customer service activities of deposit services and electronic banking. These functions include, but are not limited to, assisting the manager in managing staff, customer accounting, research, records management, ATM reconcilement, statement preparation functions, the management of ACH and wire transfer operations, online banking (consumer and commercial), remote deposit capture, ATM & Check cards.
• Assist in the supervision of the day to day functions of the deposit operations, including daily NSF/OD operations, cash management functions, responding to customer inquiries, managing new account systems, and administering business and consumer on-line banking systems.
• Responsible for the supervision and back-up of all deposit operations personnel
• Develops and maintains product policies and procedures to comply with bank policy and external regulations
• Process error resolutions in accordance with Reg E, including monitoring of Passport reports.
• Oversee the escheatment process through customer notification and remittance to the state.
• Monitor excess pre-authorized withdrawals from savings/money market accounts per Reg D.
• Responsible for creating and generating various requested departmental and management reports through use of various Bank software including, but not limited to, Excel, Query, Word processing and data base programs.
• Oversee process of levies, garnishments and subpoenas. Report to management monthly.
• Coordinate processing of B-Notices and back-up withholding
• Process wire transfers
• Key and/or verify GL and cross-application transactions
• Meet periodically with staff to promote team work, solve problems, resolve conflicts, motivate, communicate any changes within department and assist in introducing new products or services.
• Act as a liaison between various institutions and vendors when implementing new procedures and forms. May function in troubleshooting capacity to resolve technical difficulties to limit loss exposure.
• Assist in design and implement procedures or new products, services, application updates, and new or changing regulatory requirements. Analyzes product usage and aid in the implementation of product options
• Ensures reconcilement of general ledger accounts assigned to deposit operations
• Interacts with all offices and customers relative to areas of concern involving electronic banking services and deposit accounts
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Four year college degree in business administration preferred or related degree
• Banking terminology, knowledge of electronic banking products and services, or equivalent work experience in the Online banking field
• Ability to perform with high level of accuracy and timeliness
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written, ability to deliver complex information and data)
• Must be knowledgeable of retuned check, overdraft, stop payment, and fraud forgery procedures
• Detail oriented
• Efficient in Word, Excel and Power Point, Ability to create process flows
• Multi-tasking ability with a strong commitment to quality and efficiency
• Supervisory experience or training preferred
• Office Environment
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs., walk, stoop, stand and bend.
• Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Friday: 8:30 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
• Must be able to work extended hours during weekends, holidays, and other peak times as needed.
Qualified applicants can send resumes to Jacqueline Burl at email@example.com.