The Senior Staff Auditor supports the mission of HomeTrust Bank and provides objective and professional evaluation of banking operations to assist management in accomplishing their assigned responsibilities. Works closely with the Director of Internal Audit and others on the audit team to develop and implement effective risk-based audit programs targeted. Reviews audit work papers and report drafts for accuracy and completeness prior to final review by the Director of Internal Audit. Monitors the status of audit recommendations and the adequacy of follow-up actions. Performs assigned audits. Assists in performing special investigations and other special projects. Assists the Director of Internal Audit in role as a liaison to external auditors and examiners. Coaches and mentors junior audit staff.
Minimum 4-year degree in Business Administration or Accounting.. Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant or portions completed. Knowledge of COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework and Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 required.
A minimum of five years experience as an internal or external auditor, preferably in the financial services or banking industry. Public company experience preferred.
• Demonstrated Team Leadership skills, which create a positive work environment. Ability to review and critique work papers and audit reports for completeness and accuracy. Ability to encourage team dialogue. Ability to provide meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
• Use of technical resources and tools to enhance work productivity.
• Collaborative work approach to build business relationships.
• Ability to effectively manage daily work as well as special projects.
• Ability to create high quality work papers and reports.
• Strong communication skills.
• Sound business judgment and ability to handle sensitive information.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Scope of Decisions and Authority
Because of the sensitive nature of the job, the senior staff auditor will exercise utmost confidentiality. Has indirect influence on overall efficiency and compliance with the organization’s policies, procedures and with government regulations.
• Promotes the growth and prosperity of the Bank by professionally serving the needs of customers.
• Assists the Director of Internal Audit to ensure the timely completion of the annual audit plan.
• Conducts audits and special projects assigned by the Director of Internal Audit.
• Reviews work papers and audit report drafts for accuracy and completeness prior to the final review by the Director of Internal Audit.
• Monitors the status of audit recommendations and the adequacy of follow-up actions.
• Acts as a resource to operational departments and retail offices.
• Communicates effectively with all levels in performing job responsibilities (external, employees, directors, managers).
• Assists the Director of Internal Audit in role as a liaison to external auditors and examiners.
• Continuing education is required to maintain certification. To keep abreast of changes in policy and procedures, in-house opportunities (actual classes or online learning) will be required as appropriate.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities