Reliant Bank is a fast-growing community bank headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee. Reliant’s market area includes Davidson, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner and Williamson Counties in Middle Tennessee and Hamilton County in East Tennessee. We are currently seeking an Assistant Branch Manager for our Gallatin Branch. This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. The exempt position reports to the Branch Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Assistant Branch Manager serves as the sales and operational manager during branch manager’s absence. Provides excellent customer care regarding daily transactions, addressing inquiries, and problem resolution. Performs all platform duties including, but not limited to, consumer or business deposit accounts, safe deposit boxes, loans, treasury management or investment client requests. Participates with all branch activities to accomplish profit, growth, customer retention, referral quality, and service objectives.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Manages day-to-day operations, personnel and staffing levels in the absence of the Branch Manager
- Provides continuous sales leadership; fosters and manages a sales-oriented team by providing ongoing performance feedback for employees, generating enthusiasm and participation in all sales efforts
- Provides excellent customer service including recommendation, promotion and selling of appropriate bank products and services. Gathers information needed to efficiently process transactions and requests.
- Regularly makes sales calls to internal customers and business prospects that result in obtaining new deposit and loan relationships
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about all banking products and services; functions as a product expert for the assigned area in order to educate staff to fully utilize all product offerings that best support the sales strategy and needs of the customer
- Meets branch deposit, referral and loan growth goals with a major emphasis on core deposit growth and assists branch manager to monitor budget expenditures
- Stays up-to-date on security policies and procedures, and assists branch compliance regarding audit and security procedures
- Participates in the selection of new employees, assists in training and development of employees, and provides fact based input for performance evaluations
- Opens new accounts, profiles customer and recommends appropriate range of products and services
- Handles maintenance of accounts including resolves account problems, processes account changes, and closes accounts
- Answers incoming phone calls, processes wires and telephone transfers, orders checks, processes stop payments, opens and services safe deposit boxes and reviews daily/weekly NSF, Loan Past Due, DDA Deficit reports
- Generates consumer loans, takes applications, pulls credit information, completes loan approval form and prepares debt to income ratio report
- Performs Notary and Medallion services for bank customers
- Assists in locating teller outages and surprise audits
- Ensures platform desk is neat, free of confidential information and properly stocked with forms and supplies
- Actively participates in community and civic activities and recommends way of enhancing market share and bank’s presence in the community
- Participates in bank sponsored events, networking opportunities, and volunteer opportunities
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in business related field or one to three years of equivalent professional experience preferred
- Minimum two years progressive sales experience preferred
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate staff
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services
- Superior customer service and proven sales skills
- Prior to or upon hire, required to be registered on the NMLS Registry and obtain a Unique Identifier Number. Registration may include finger printing and the completion of an FBI Background Check.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both written and oral formats
- Background in financial institution operating policies, procedures, and banking regulations
- Work requires the ability to multi-task and to be flexible
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Reliant Bank offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and 401(k). Qualified candidates may submit their resume via e-mail to HR@reliantbank.com. Reliant Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.