Location: 4718 North Roan St., Johnson City, TN 37615
The Commercial Banking Associate assists Market President and Relationship Manager(s), commercial customers and prospects with all functions related to commercial loans, deposit services, online banking, and cash management services in order to leverage Lenders’ abilities to develop and retain profitable customer relationships. Position also encompasses Construction Loan Administration for commercial loans. Ensures high quality service to client base through communication, problem-resolution and timely, accurate follow-through on behalf of the client and Lender(s). Coordinates and maintains positive customer and fellow employee relationships.
Position would be responsible for special projects as assigned. Position may include minor calling efforts to support customer relationships and business development.
Knowledge: Associate’s degree in related business field with knowledge of commercial loan and deposit-processing requirements is required; bachelor's in a related field is preferred. General accounting knowledge is needed, and an understanding of the dynamics of a commercial lending, commercial bank products and services as well as commercial credit principles is helpful.
Experience: Three to five years experience in a commercial or mortgage loan department of a savings institution or bank is necessary. Previous administrative and/or bookkeeping experience and prior teller experience is desired. Paralegal and/or loan servicing experience are helpful.
Skills: Proficient administrative, time management and organizational skills are necessary, as well as the ability to use a personal computer (word processing, spreadsheets, PDF files, and power point) and other office equipment. Well-developed human relations skills with ability to communicate clearly with customers both verbally and in writing are required.
Scope of Decisions and Authority
Missing and erroneous documentation have the potential of being costly to the Bank. Customer relations are important to the growth of the loan portfolio. Must be able to take initiative to expedite loans and solve problems with minimal guidance.
• Assists Relationship Manager(s) with all aspects of the lending process including:
- Maintain electronic loan and credit files.
- Coordinate deposit account opening, maintenance, online banking, etc.
- Partner with Treasury Management Sales Officer to suggest possible services, maintenance, questions, etc.
- Prepare account maintenance changes to commercial loans as necessary under direction of Relationship Manager.
- Assist Relationship Manager with the completion/compilation of the Credit Approval Package. Also, ensure conditions of approval have been met before the loan closes.
- Coordinate preparation of loan and letter of credit packages including, but not limited to: obtain credit reports, UCC lien searches, OFAC searches, obtain insurance, CIP Borrower and Guarantors, enter transactional data in to the origination system, obtain proper disclosures, ensure proper approval authority, order appraisals and evaluations, surveys, environmental collateral screens, etc.
- Process loan document packages and prepare for post-closing. Review for completeness.
- Assisting Relationship Manager(s) with the review of term sheets, commitment letters, credit memos, etc.
- Assist Relationship Manager with the completion of underwriting workbook.
- Coordinating loan closings with Doc Prep, customers, attorneys, and Relationship Manager.
- Facilitate (if necessary) routine loan disbursements for commercial construction loans and lines of credit as well as other general ledger functions for Relationship Manager(s) and customers.
- Maintaining and updating BUILT for residential construction (if applicable).
- Coordinating with Residential or Commercial Construction departments when appropriate.
- Assist in preparation of loan modifications using the bank’s form.
- Clear all documentation exceptions in a timely manner.
- Pulls and distributes daily/weekly/monthly reports as necessary.
- Interface with credit department regarding spreads and analysis requests.
- Works with Relationship Manager to ensure overdraft items are worked daily.
- Tracks annual reviews, renewing/maturing loan, lines of credit, and letters of credit and notifies action needed each month to Relationship Manager.
- Maintain Notary License.
- Request (either through customer or Relationship Manager) updated financial information such as tax returns, financial statements, receivables and inventory, borrowing base certificates, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position.
• Greet and assist customers in person and by telephone, fax or electronic mail.
• Meet with customers to assist with loan closings at Relationship Manager’s request.
• Work as a team internally and across departments. Maintains good working relationship with offices, credit administration, loan operations, deposit services, and mortgage.
• Take advantage of sales opportunities by promoting HomeTrust’s products and services.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities