CapStar Bank is seeking a Commercial Sr. Credit Underwriter for its downtown Nashville office.
Supports relationship managers and Senior Credit Officer by providing credit analyses, risk assessment and underwriting of both new and existing credit commitments to customers of the bank. Also conducts credit servicing (monitoring and review of periodic financial statements, covenant compliance certificates, etc.) on existing customer relationships.
- Prepare underwriting analyses and approval memos for both new and renewal/modification of existing credit commitments with limited amount of supervisory oversight. Individual will work on more complex and/or larger credit requests. This involves conducting a thorough credit analysis to include identification of risks and determining if/how those risks can be best mitigated. Make appropriate and sound recommendations on credit requests including structure and terms.
- Accompany Relationship Manager on customer calls and/or conduct independent conversations with customers and prospects.
- Utilize credit software tools to prepare financial spreads, prepare the underwriting analysis and approval memo and establish tracking ticklers for financial statement, covenant compliance certificates, etc.
- Conduct annual term loan reviews on credit relationships > $1.5 million.
- Conduct credit servicing activities on existing loans/relationships to included covenant testing and verification of covenant compliance certificates.
- Attend all BSA training (at least annual) offered through the bank. More frequent and/or specific training may be required, depending on job responsibilities. Perform job responsibilities to ensure the bank’s compliance with BSA/AML policies and procedures, which include detecting potential suspicious activity and reporting such activity to the BSA Officer and may include gathering and entering data into systems for monitoring and reporting.
Note: Incumbent may be asked to perform other non-essential duties as assigned.
Education: College degree in finance, accounting or other business-related field required
Experience: Minimum 8 years related experience; prefer experience working in a larger regional bank with an emphasis in commercial and/or healthcare lending. Minimum 5 years in a credit specific role.