First Volunteer Bank in Chattanooga is seeking a manager for its Loan Operations Pre-Closing Department. This position reports to the Chief Credit Officer and supervises consumer underwriters, small business underwriters, and loan documentation staff.
Responsible for managing the Bank’s centralized underwriting and loan document processing activities and staff. This person should enjoy managing people in fast-paced environment. Most of the work is created using three software packages and this position will manage and update these with minimal impact to workflow. This position is ultimately responsible for the quality of the loan decisions and documents and the responsiveness of the staff to its lending partners.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management-related field
- 3 years of experience in consumer and small business underwriting along with experience in commercial and residential loan document processing
- Experience with or knowledge of Decision Pro, Laser Pro, and Jack Henry Silverlake. Experience managing and troubleshooting these systems and how they interface with each other.
- Experience in effectively managing a staff of 10+
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that are utilized in building relationships
- Self-starter, able to work independently and to effectively lead others
JOB ROLES AND SKILLS NEEDED FOR SUCCESS
- Sound management skills required in order to manage a staff.
- A good understanding of consumer and small business financial information with demonstrated underwriting experience. This position will exercise underwriting authority as back-up to underwriting staff.
- A good understanding of loan compliance requirements and how FVB meets these through it loan documentation process
- A thorough understanding of loan documentation requirement s for all common loan types, to both individual and corporate borrowers.
- A desire to ensure that loan documents are processed timely and that staff is responsive to the Bank customer’s needs
- Ability to handle multi task
- Ability to work in a fast paced team oriented environment
- Possess a sense of urgency
- Working knowledge of real estate appraisals/property evaluations
- Participates in New Consumer and Small Business Development and implementation
- Internal and external customer relationship building required
First Volunteer offers competitive compensation, full benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible savings accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k), ESOP and vacation. Apply at www.firstvolunteer.com > View Our Job Postings. EOE M/F/V/D