Citizens Savings Bank and Trust Company, Nashville, is seeking a Chief Credit Officer. The Chief Credit Officer is responsible for loan portfolio growth, risk management and contribution to profit. The CCO provides direction and oversight of all loan production and the credit approval process. The CCO will manage the institution’s commercial lending staff and be responsible for monitoring calling efforts and overall portfolio management. This includes assisting the lending staff with credit structures and financial analysis, pre-screening loan requests and mentoring the staff on prospect and customer calls. Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action. Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CFO, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities. Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation. Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges. Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
The Chief Credit Officer is responsible for tracking and reporting the calling efforts of the commercial lending staff to senior management; will review and recommend/decline loans prior to submission to the loan committee; will review, critique and either recommend or decline credit presentations submitted to management for review, responsible for assisting the lenders with consumer and commercial compliance issues, development of new lending products, and training programs as needed for staff development.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance or a related field or equivalent work experience; 5-7 years experience in a financial insitution, preferably banking.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Skills & Abilities:
Must be proficient in spreadsheet, word processing, and database software programs. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, meet deadlines, attention to detail, and work under time constraints. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, directors, both face-to-face and over the telephone.
Individual should possess or show the potential for an analytical approach to problems with attention to detail and accuracy. Individual should have an assertive personality, good written and oral communication skills, be a career oriented professional, and willing to invest his/her time and effort based on the dictates of the job duties.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Bank Management – To participate in the overall management of the Bank and assist in achieving the long-term profitability, growth and prudent long-term strategic direction.
Reinforces the application of exceptional customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through.
Management of Department
Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Commercial Lending Department. This individual recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet the company’s needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the Department. Additionally, individual must possess:
- Ability to maintain and update job descriptions and standards for the department
- Ability to train employees to meet job responsibilities
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective cross-training program within the department
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel, discipline, and assist department personnel in developing skills to further their careers
- Ability to objectively analyze employee performance and determine strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to handle all disciplinary matters consistently between associates and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside the company
- Knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with staff
- Ability to develop and establish effective policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and effectiveness of the department
- Ability to manage and control department within budget
- Ability to provide accurate policy interpretations
- Skilled in maintaining a supportive role with other departments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and holds team accountable for adherence to the Bank’s lending program policy and strategy; leads activities related to new product development, product implementation and risk assessment, with respect to lending programs.
- Manage portfolio growth to match the Bank’s strategic plan, while ensuring quality control, efficient processes, and quick turnaround through workflow management and cross training.
- In-house credit risk management expert including TDR, bankruptcy, foreclosures, collections, OREO and loss mitigation.
- Responsible for a leadership role in handling internal and external audits and Bank examinations to ensure a professional work environment with engaged and respectful discussion with delivery of prompt, complete and accurate bank records as requested.
- Responsible for directing and monitoring centralized lending operations for the Bank, through subordinate managers/supervisors, to ensure that the Bank meets established strategic goals and objectives with respect to loans, deposits and distance strategy products.
- Responsible for budgeting, strategic planning and continual process improvement.
- Oversees, reviews, and presents all board reports and Loan Committee Packages for approval to the Board of Trustees.
- Provides an overview of results and presents emerging trends for review/discussion to the Board Loan Committee on a regular basis.
- Leadership and oversight of staff development including training program assignments, leadership development opportunities and regular department meetings/coaching.
- Partnering with industry professionals and vendor/partners to enhance working relationships.
- Stay abreast of and provide thought leadership on new regulatory developments impacting lending policies (consumer/real estate/commercial), product compliance and loan underwriting guidelines.
- Fosters open lines of communication Bank wide.
- Participate in community activities, Bank sponsored/hosted events, civic/community boards at a leadership level.
- Responsible for adherence to requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Maintains a proficient knowledge of all applicable banking rules and regulations
- Identifies and mitigates potential risk issues against the Bank; interacts with Bank personnel pertaining to such issues
- Ensures timely distribution of related materials and publications to designated personnel
Must adhere to a viable reporting routine as required by management
Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor and Senior Management as they relate to the bank and its functions
Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures of Citizens Bank, and the bank’s code of conduct
This job description is a general representation, and not all inclusive, of the duties and responsibilities commonly found for this type of position.
Responses should be sent to email@example.com.