Citizens Savings Bank and Trust Company, Nashville, is seeking Loan Documentation Specialists. The Loan Documentation Specialists are responsible for processing home (mortgages), student, car personal or small business loan applications. They meet with potential customers to assess their needs. They will prepare, review and provide top quality, error free loan documents in a consistent and timely manner. Performs and conducts all necessary due diligence filings, recordings and searches, and regulatory requirements (I.e. FEMA, Reg U, Reg B, etc.) as applicable to ensure loan documents conform to approved internal procedures and credit policy, while always protecting the bank's collateral position. Assists with funding of a loan by ensuring all regulatory requirements are met prior to funding and with conducting a final review of all due diligence and loan documents presented to specialist. Prioritizes and processes all loan requests to ensure that loans are efficiently funded, booked and reviewed, as applicable by predetermined funding/booking date. Interacts and works with commercial and mortgage loan officers, administrative assistants, credit officers, and counsel if applicable to address and identify any discrepancies and or deficiencies with any request for a loan; processes and addresses concerns/questions to develop a solution by analyzing information collected. Reviews imaged loan documents and or collateral file for possible missing documentation items pertaining to the loan request and or the borrowing relationship. Issues any documents deemed necessary as a result of the collateral documentation review. Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. You may be required to assist clients with payments and to bring in revenue for the financial institution.
This position requires a general knowledge of basic loan concepts and working knowledge of mortgage processing and underwriting, lending practices and procedures, bank policies, governing regulations, at both the state and federal levels. Candidate must be both energetic and analytical with high ethical standards, interpersonal skills and an appropriate professional image. The person chosen must be a well-organized and self-directed individual who is astute, intelligent and articulate, who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
Education – Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting or a related degree, or the equivalent of three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Reinforces the application of exceptional customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through
- Ability to compute and apply mathematical concepts, and to read and interpret legal documents.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibits the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved
- Take Residential Mortgage applications and issue early disclosures in compliance with FFIEC regulation
- Ability to process all types of loans through desktop underwriting for submission and verify all required documents are in file
- Responsible for sending out required verifications for file, communicates with credit bureaus for required updates or corrections to the credit bureau, orders appraisal and inspections
- Effectively communicate loan status and outstanding requirements with Loan Officer/Originator, Customer, and/or Supervisor
- Prepare loans for submission when all required exhibits are received
- Follow up on loans submitted for underwriting, being underwritten and/or pending loans
- Upon approval of the loan, notify the borrower(s) and appropriate personnel
- Prepare commitment letter(s), denial letter(s), and cancel files when necessary
- Accurately prepares all documents required for credit products including, notes, credit reports, disclosures, collateral documents, extensions/amendments, and adverse actions.
- Prepare documentation for approved loans and submit for review
- Ensure all recorded and executed documentation is received for appropriate files
- Responsible for completing, monitoring, and maintaining all credit files in accordance with established guidelines.
- Input and set-up all new loans ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of the loan system and its data entry
- Update data on computer system as soon as documents are received
- Responsible for accurately preparing and distributing monthly management reports
- Prepare and submit HMDA reporting and any other financial and regulatory reports required by law, regulations, and Board of Directors.
Provide telephone answering services for Bank Administration
Adhere to a viable reporting routine as required by management.
Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor as they relate to the bank and its functions
Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations, bank’s loan compliance regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures of Citizens Bank, including the bank’s code of conduct
This job description is a general representation and not all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities commonly found for this type of position.
Responses should be sent to email@example.com.