Provide administrative oversight to assist senior management and the Director of Compliance in performing bank regulatory compliance activities and engage in compliance monitoring, testing and reporting to assure compliance with laws and regulations throughout the bank. Requires strong practical knowledge of banking regulations including but not limited to ECOA, HMDA, RESPA, Truth in Lending, Truth in Savings, Electronic Fund Transfers, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Fair Lending, Flood Insurance, Regulation O, UDAAP and Privacy.
- Researches regulatory requests and provide regulatory interpretation and executable options to achieve regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Review new or changed regulatory requirements and lead the coordination, implementation and training of requirements across business areas.
- Coordinates regulatory requirements implementation with business line/operations.
- Reviews advertising requests and approves subject to compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring, testing and, validation of CRA eligibility requirements.
- Monitoring, testing, and validation of HMDA data.
- Plans, coordinates, and completes compliance reviews and monitoring activities as directed by Director of Compliance.
- Stays abreast of compliance requirements via a variety of regulatory information sources.
- Complete ad hoc projects per directions from Director of Compliance and/or senior management.
- Assist with or take responsibility for annual regulatory filing of the bank’s HMDA and CRA data.
- Provide compliance support in the management of third party mortgage lending quality control program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of mortgage, commercial and retail banking policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage, depository and lending banking regulations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Prior knowledge of bank operating systems, commercial and residential loan origination systems and regulatory filing software applications (e.g., HMDA, CRA) is a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Local travel as required.
- BS or BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Professional certification as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or comparable certification highly desirable.
- At least five (2) years of banking compliance, audit, or relevant bank operations experience required.
- Formal regulatory compliance training from ABA, ICBA or other recognized professional organizations addressing technical knowledge of rules and regulations required.
- Banking compliance: 2 years
- Performing compliance audits: 1 year
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Qualified applicants may send their resumes to KBarger@downhomebank.com.